Job interview question

Options
mamagooskie
mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
I am applying for another position within my company and I am wondering if I get an interview what is the appropriate attire?

I mean they have all seen me in my uniform and day to day clothing.......should I go the usual dress pants, and dress shirt route?

what are my options? Oh and I work in a fitness club if that determines what your answer will be.

ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I would wear interview attire. Wearing your "work clothes" can make it seem like you feel like you already have it in the bag and you may not be taken seriously for the position. You should act like you're an outsider and you want the job. I did the same thing within my company and they looked very highly on it and gave me the position.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    It depends. Are you working the day of your interview?
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Definately go with typical interview attire. Like previous poster said, you don't wanna come off with an "Oh, I got this *kitten*" attitude, even if you do got that *kitten*.
  • LizHowerton
    LizHowerton Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Dress better than you normally do. Interview attire.

If you need to bring a change of clothes that day to work, then do so.

Think professional, and good luck!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Interview attire. You can't go wrong with that.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I totally felt that interview attire was the way to go, but I've never applied for a job within a company I currently work for before so I'd thought I would see what ya'll had to say.

If I get the call interview #1 will be with a recruiter from a different club whom I have never met and interview #2 will be with the fitness manager at my own home club that I talk to/see/work with everyday now for 3 months.

Well I now I just to wait for my phone to ring (fingers crossed!!)
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Good luck! And congrats on your weight loss! Awesome!
  • kzcortes
    kzcortes Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I say business casual. Dress pants and a nice button down shirt. Better to be a little over dressed than to be under dressed, you know?
  • SophieB74656
    SophieB74656 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    In my opiion, unless it's fast food or something, ALWAYS wear a suit
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Speaking from the HR perspective, I agree yes dress nice, pretend like this is a company you've never seen before, and act as thus.

Secondly, when you are in the interview, make sure that you don't assume anything, present yourself with no assumptions any successes or acheivements that you've had make sure to bring those up.

Don't talk casually to the interviewer, even though you may know everything about them including thier dogs name.

Good LUck!~
  • marthathebear
    Options
    The old rule is to dress for the job you want not the job you have. Good luck with this!
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Dress better than you normally do. Interview attire.

If you need to bring a change of clothes that day to work, then do so.

Think professional, and good luck!

^^ This.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I'd go business casual.
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Wear a toga... I heard employers love togas.
  • JB5349
    JB5349 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Make sure that you get the recruiters business card or at least contact information so you can send them an email thanking them for the interview. I have done that for the last couple of jobs that I have had and it makes an impression.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Unless you have to wear a specific uniform. Always dress for the job you want.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    There is a program in the UK at the moment called `Undercover Boss` so it is like the name suggests the boss goes undercover to check on the employees, then he calls some of them back to HQ to reward them etc.

Me and hubby were watching last night and could not belive that some of these people were going back dressed in jeans/sweatshirts etc

You only get one chance to make a first impression, dress smart, hair nice, a `quiet` perfume and be polite awlays ask questions when asked, don`t over talk the interviewer.

Pretend the interviewer is your granny, treat them with the same respect!

When I recruit people this is what always works for me :-)
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Clean, neat, ironed, hair neat and pulled back or controlled somehow (free flowing ends up messy looking). Conservative make-up. Tasteful yet interesting accessory or 2.