Bulimic

Options
I have been bulimic since I was 13 ( I'm 31 now) I was in remission for 7 years after I had my daughter n was in great shape. Then my thyroid stopped working then my metobolisim stopped and now I'm the heaviest I've ever been n my purging is an every day occurrence now.

Replies

• kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Are you seeing a therapist? I think that's the second step (you already took the first step by admitting it). I can totally understand the horrible feeling of not losing weight when your thyroid stops working- mine stopped working right after my daughter too. Are you stabilized on a synthetic thyroid hormone?
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    You should see someone right away who can help. Not sure if you ever got treated before, but it is something that will continue the rest of your life if you don't sort out your issues.

http://www.something-fishy.org/

Here is a good resource for you, but while you're there, please look up what you are doing to your body by purging. It increases your risk of throat and esophogeal cancer, as well as GIRD. The stomach acid damages your teeth as well... but one that people don't normally think about - the stress from induced vomiting can actually cause the lens of your eye to detach, causing permanent eye damage or blindness.

*hug* It can get better with help. We can only do so much for you here... please see a professional for both you and your daughter's sake ASAP!