I thought I liked egg whites....

Options
Speli
Speli Posts: 1
So for breakfast every morning I have 5 egg whites. For the first few weeks it was fine, I'd throw some Franks hot sauce on them & gobble them right down. But lately I really struggle to eat them. The last few bites they are hard to even get down. Idk what happened! I've always loved eggs, & just egg whites too! But not lately, & I feel like it's only a matter of time before those last few bites get me! So I guess I'm looking for alternatives for making egg whites that is FAST & easy. I eat lots of protein so it's important to me that I have a high protein breakfast.

Replies

• RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Add one regular egg to one egg white. See how you like that. I prefer using egg beaters instead of egg white as it tastes closer to real egg. This makes a good omelet.
  • missmgray
    missmgray Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I love greek yogurt in the morning. No cooking at all!

As for the eggs, leave one whole. It makes a world of difference in the flavor if you ask me. You could also try scrambling them with chunky salsa for more interest than just the hot sauce.

Good luck!
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I get like that when I eat too many eggs. Give it a break for about 2 weeks and try going back and see how you feel about them. It usually works for me.
  • mrsRhughes
    mrsRhughes Posts: 122
    Options
    I'm this way with EVERYTHING. That's why I'm always attempting to switch up my foods and meals instead of sticking to ONE single thing every day for breakfast, lunch, dinner. Variety is the spice of life! ;)
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    What about adding some veggie, cheese and/or some other form of protein (turkey bacon, turkey sausage, etc)?
  • rose_mortem
    rose_mortem Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    one whole egg and as many whites as you want. 2 whole eggs plus some whites isn't bad either, unless you're obsessive about cholesterol. and adding vegetables, or low fat cheese, or a variety of spices to change it up.

In high school, I went through a time where I ate eggs every single day. It got to the point where I'd eat a whole dozen (maybe 2 or 3 whole, the rest whites only) in a day, eggs at every meal, and it drove my mum crazy :ohwell:
  • GlitterMamma11
    GlitterMamma11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Eggs have always been a fine line for me. I like them but they are gross. lol
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    saute some onions with em or veggies. or i hard boil em and take the egg whites with taco bell taco sauce. then you dont have to cook every damn day.
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I have to alternate how I make my eggs in the morning. Egg whites sometimes, more often omelettes in which I change around the veggies to get different flavors, and last week I was just poaching eggs. I sometimes need a week or two with no eggs at all alternated in - then I go for Canadian bacon, turkey bacon or even chicken breast for a change. Egg whites day after day would make me choke after so long.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other poster, I think your body is telling you to eat a variety of foods, because that is ideal for good nutrition.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    I throw in some garlic powder and chili powder, make an omelet and add a wedge of Laughing Cow flavored cheese. Yummy. I can't do egg whites just plain. I also like them with a bit of cheddar cheese and dices ham scrambled. We eat them for breakfast maybe twice a week max. Otherwise I get burned out.
  • Silverstar46
    Silverstar46 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Eggs are something that I both really enjoy and they gross me out.

Texture and flavor have to be just right for me to be able to eat them, and I could never do it every single day. Try switching it up by eating Greek Yogurt (no fat, lotsa protein and no cooking) or add vegetables to your eggs like tomato and green pepper to change the flavor slightly. Or even make it into an omelet and add some cheese.
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I have whites almost every morning for the past 2 years. I add onion, green pepper and 1 TBSP fat free cheese(feta or chedder) . Lately I have been adding fresh grated zuchini from garden instead of the pepper. I also use spinach on occasion. I season with black pepper and sometimes with red pepper I like the all whites brand or the store brand. I did not care for the egg beaters brand as it had added minerals and vitamins that I did not care for. I have also used real egg whites as they are cheaper, but not as convienient.
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    My only suggestion is more Franks! I also often have egg whites & Franks hot sauce for breakfast.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt (plain, non-fat) with a spoon of peanutbutter in it.
  • profgal43
    profgal43 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Check out some of the past cottage cheese threads. I'm not a huge fan but I found some ways to eat it that I enjoy.
  • ritoosh
    ritoosh Posts: 190
    Options
    So for breakfast every morning I have 5 egg whites. For the first few weeks it was fine, I'd throw some Franks hot sauce on them & gobble them right down. But lately I really struggle to eat them. The last few bites they are hard to even get down. Idk what happened! I've always loved eggs, & just egg whites too! But not lately, & I feel like it's only a matter of time before those last few bites get me! So I guess I'm looking for alternatives for making egg whites that is FAST & easy. I eat lots of protein so it's important to me that I have a high protein breakfast.

when my personal trainer gave me a 2 week meal plan. i had to eat a butt load of egg white (like breakfast lunch and dinner), but what i did was make it differently each time, scrambled with veggies, omletes, boiled that kind of stuff. and try eating something else with the egg too that might help. but you definitely need to add one whole egg to change up the taste.
  • lelupa1
    lelupa1 Posts: 11
    Options
    Greek yogurt flavored with anything you want! Vanilla, spenda...Pnut butter, cinnamon, you can put anything in the plain greek yogurt and its filling and very healthy!

I don't care for egg whites but I do use the pasturized variety to put "fluff" in my shakes. If you put your shake mix and water/milk/ice in the blender with egg white....it makes it frothy!