New looking for all the friends and support I can get!

Options
I have been overweight all my life. I blame my weight for all my unhappiness. I can not go out in public with out feeling as though everyone is laughing at me. When I finish my degree in 2014 I have to have the confidence in myself to get out there and get a job. I have a man that loves me we have been together for 8 years and I have been just about the same size the whole time but it is always on my mind that he will get tired having to help me so much and leave for someone who he doesn't have to take of so much. I just want to be normal, I don't want to be thin. God willing this is the time I make it work. :ohwell:

Replies

• hijude57
    hijude57 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I get it! Friend request sent! :flowerforyou:
  • KimL122
    KimL122 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Welcome and FR sent and you can do this. Just log everyday and be truthful to yourself and add some exercise regardless how small. Oh and drink your water that is most important and definitely take your vitamins.
  • shannamk40
    shannamk40 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! :smile:
  • RiyaO
    RiyaO Posts: 19
    Options
    Feel free to add me. You can do it- start making small changes and before you know it you'll be on your way!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me!
  • polishmehappy
    polishmehappy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me :)

You can do this!

There are lots of amazing stories here on MFP that inspire beyond belief. Hang on to those folks for inspiration and support :)

You can do this!
  • eris1981
    eris1981 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent :)
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Im sending a request! It's good to have lots of friends and support!! :flowerforyou:
  • shannamk40
    shannamk40 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so very much!
  • cassiehead
    Options
    I'm new here too lets support each other
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    You came to right place! This does work, all you have to do is be is determined to make it work. Have lost and gained a few times in my life. The diaries have helped me so much. Yes as Riya said , start with small changes first. And excercise doesn't have to be hard. Walking is great excercise. This time it is different, I am determined and I have the tools. This isn't a diet, you just learn to look at food differently. I say there isn't any food I can't have, I just fit it in my calorie goal in moderation. The food diary has really helped me with food portions. Just stick to yur plan and you will be amazed.
    You can add me if you want. I have lost 48lbs(some beforeI started here) I would love to see you succeed.
  • ewunia99
    ewunia99 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hey all, feel free to add me. I've really gained a lot of support from MFP friends and that has helped my loss!!! Everyone is welcome to add me who is supportive and ready to be supported!
  • James_Bergin
    James_Bergin Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm relatively new in mfp too. All I have it say is having used it for just under a month it works. Just be honest about your logging and try to eat homemade meals that you can easily and accurately log. Id suggest starting to mix in some exercise. Start with something light like a half walk a day or walk to and/or from work if you can.

Id be happy to share my recipes if you want ideas to start off. The only thing is I'm veggie, so fair warning! GOOD LUCK, I'm sure you can do this :-)
  • sferguson65
    sferguson65 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Count me in.