Did I eat too little today?

Options
I'm wondering if I eat too little because my diary says that I am, but I certainly don't feel like I'm eating too little.
I'm female, 5" 5', 122 pounds. I don't work out at all. Sometimes I go out for 30-minute walks, however.
I wonder why I feel so full if I'm supposedly not eating enough?
Here were my meals for the day:

Breakfast: 1 cup of raw raspberries, 1 Dove dark chocolate square.

Lunch: 1 cup of chopped raw asparagus, 1 large raw carrot.

Dinner: Chobani non-fat strawberry yogurt with 1 plum.

The only drink I had throughout the whole day was water.

Is this really too little?? Why don't I feel that hungry?
For this past week, I ate mostly sugary cereal and salty eggs and unhealthy food, so I certainly ate a lot before today.

Replies

• rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    It's okay to eat that little for one day if you're truly not hungry, but try to get as close to your goal as you can for most days to make sure you don't get tired or lose the energy you need to exercise due to lack of nourishment.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    <John McEnroe screaming picture>

And yes, that's a lot too little if it's an everyday trend.
  • budru21
    budru21 Posts: 127
    Options
    One day, every now and again, eating low calories won't hurt you...but you need to get some protein in your diet, girl! You are only feeding your body processed and natural sugar, which are simple carbs. Your body can not sustain itself on simple carbs, alone. It will burn through them quickly, and have only your muscle (first) and fat (second) to consume for energy. This will leave you unhealthy, exhausted, and skinny fat. Hope this helps.
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    That's 400 calories for the whole day. Yes, you are eating too little.
  • _granola
    _granola Posts: 326
    Options
    I was going to say that if it's one day it's not a huge deal, but seeing that you are 5'5", 122 lbs, and still want to lose another 12 lbs, I'm willing to bet this is not just a once in a while thing here.
  • ccole4
    ccole4 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    all that sounds like my breakfast! lol yes u need to eat more...protein nuts anything...if ur not hungry eat peanut butter its higher calorie and wont make u stuffed
  • kaervaak
    kaervaak Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    That's waaaaay too little food. I eat twice as many calories as that just from my daily protein intake...

You're way into the very low calorie diet regime if you eat like that with any kind of regularity. You're killing your metabolism, inducing crazy stress responses from your body and probably shedding muscle mass and bone density like crazy. You need to be eating probably 3-4 times as much food and even then you'll still be on the low end of what you should be eating to lose weight.
  • lillyflawarose1986
    lillyflawarose1986 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thtas eauivalent to my two snacks for the day. Btw , if u trying to lose another 10 pounds u wont be in a healthy bmi range. Jus saying.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,031 Member
    Options
    My cat eats 400 calories a day. Yes, you are starving yoursefl, and it will kill you.. The fact that you even asked this, and your unrealistic weight goal leads me to think you have an eating disorder. But you already knew that.

Get some help. Now.
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    This will leave you unhealthy, exhausted, and skinny fat.
    ^This. If you want to lose weight so you look better (to yourself--probably most people think you're very thin as it is if you're 5'5" and 122), you're going about it the wrong way. You need to increase your protein intake and probably do some cardio. I say that as a woman who has struggled with healthy eating habits and body image for a very long time. Your post sounds like me years ago (and the voice that still sits in my head telling me that I'm gross no matter what I do) and I can tell you that severe calorie restriction is not going to help you lose the weight that you want (but don't necessarily need) to loose. I know that it's hard to believe because I've been there, but if you want to tone up, you need to eat more (HEALTHY foods, of course) and add some cardio to your daily activity. In order to do the cardio, you need to fuel your body.

Of course, if you have no problems with your body image and you have a healthy relationship with food and I'm just talking out my *kitten*, I accept that. You should still eat more. You said "I don't feel that hungry," implying that you DO feel hungry but you're ignoring it in order to keep your calorie intake low. That's not healthy. Your body is telling you what it needs, and you should listen to it because you're not going to gain anything by pushing your body toward starvation; you're only going to hurt yourself. It's almost laughable, this coming from me, because I did the same sort of thing, but the result was sickness, dizziness, lack of energy, and a fleeting weight loss that plateaued before I broke down and began eating more and gained it all back and then some. It's a struggle when you're trying to modify your lifestyle to strike a balance between eating well and eating enough, but that's what these boards are here for.
  • icesk8ermom
    icesk8ermom Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My cat eats 400 calories a day. Yes, you are starving yoursefl, and it will kill you.. The fact that you even asked this, and your unrealistic weight goal leads me to think you have an eating disorder. But you already knew that.

Get some help. Now.

^^^^^^ What they said!!

Sorry, but YES you are not just eating too little but WAYYYYY to little; especially if this is an everyday thing. You need help and can't fix this on your known please seek help for an eating disorder.

Don't be ashamed of this we all have problems in one way or another and deal with them differently. There is something going on in your life that is causing this and you need help to resolve it..... please seek help. Admitting this here is your first step to asking for help please take this one step further and see a professional, tell someone close to you so they can help you get help and be your support system.

~I will pray for you and hope you have the strength to speak up outside this forum and get help.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,291 Member
    Options
    seems dangerously low ...up your food intake...make it healthy..make it count.
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    If you'd been overeating a lot lately and you were taking a day to eat minimally in order to give your body a rest, I would see that a good thing. But you say you've been eating cereal and eggs, which don't seem like overeating to me.

I don't think it's necessarily the best thing to ask a bunch of strangers on the internet whether you're eating enough. We don't really know enough about your situation to give an informed answer. Could you maybe talk to your doctor? What do your real life friends or family think? They will see you eating and see your energy levels and your body shape, so they should have a better perspective.