Weight Watchers?

Options
In addition to using MFP, does anyone else use Weight Watchers? I've had success in the past with the OLD WW, so I'm using it again this time around. I'd like to see how it works out for anyone else - as far as not meeting/exceeding the calorie goals on MFP, but being on target with the points.

Replies

• kboyce040613
    Options
    I do. I'm doing old WW with an app on my phone. I use MFP mostly for the boards and as a database for food :)
  • Fit_Vixen
    Fit_Vixen Posts: 201
    Options
    I did WW about 6 years ago. I wasn't as heavy as I am now. While on WW (joined because I wanted to sport a Bikini in Cancun) I lost close to 30lbs in less than 3 months!!! But honestly, I find MFP to be very similar to WW. So why pay WW?!?!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I disliked WW .. a lot. But that is just me.
  • Karen5732
    Karen5732 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Have been a WW person for over 20 years but really hate the new pro-points..more points .. less food???? I have never counted calories before but have found it so easy with MFP and it is free ,,, I do not think I will ever go back to points !!
  • greenbaboond
    Options
    I'm doing both. I like weight watchers for the weekly weigh in and support. I like MFP because for the first time in my life I feel like I'm understanding calories, portion control, eating back calories, working out additional time if I make an interesting food choice. I'm tracking in both places and I usually run out of calories on MFP before I run out of points on WW.
  • kaitiebeth89
    kaitiebeth89 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm doing both. I love WW because of the meetings and it keeps me accountable for the weigh-ins, especially since they are on Mondays nights (it helps keep me on track during the weekend). I love MFP for tracking my food and exercise and the forums. Started MFP in January and lost about 20 pounds, gained all but 2 back. Then I joined WW on April 16 and have lost 42 pounds. I had trouble staying motivated and on track, but weight watchers helped with that.
  • nikkirec
    nikkirec Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've done Weight Watchers in the past but find MFP or calorie counting easier then figuring out points. I do think Weight Watchers is a good program and can see how the meetings can help some people.
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I started out on WW last summer with the PP and it worked well for me (paired with exercise). I switched to MFP about 5 months ago.
  • lessofme150
    lessofme150 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have done weight watchers off and on for many years. I recently saw my cousin's friend post about MFP and decided to give it a try. Even though they are similar, I felt that I needed to try something new and absolutely love the boards and support here. I find with WW, the chat rooms got very clicky and not a lot of posts that were weight loss related. Plus I love that it's free and easy to use with the iphone.
  • foranagirl
    foranagirl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've done WW since May 1st and have lost 20.4 pounds. I think that it's an excellent program because if you follow the GHGs you really are eating well, plus there's support in terms of both the meetings and the boards. I don't like that you can't track macros, so that's why I've started to track on MFP also. It's time consuming to do both, unfortunately, so I'm looking into an app that apparently does both (Fooducate Plus??).

I am the opposite of the above-referenced poster. I find that to eat the net calories for MFP I have to exceed my DPs and dip into my WPs. This does not surprise me because when the trainer at my gym ran my RMR (Metacheck Breathe Test) he felt that I wasn't eating enough using my assigned DPs on WW. When I reminded him that there are also WPs (and that fruits and most vegetables are 0 PPs), he sheepishly conceded that maybe I was eating enough. I try to stay at DPs during the week and save my WPs for the weekends. So we'll see how I do this weekend without having as many WPs left to rely on since I been using them to at least eat my net calories for MFP.

MFP has also shown me that I might eat too many carbs. I'm averaging 100 g of net carbs/ day for the past two days. I need to lay off the oatmeal and banana for breakfast!!