Total Lean- Lean Shake. should i try it out?

Options
Im always hungry, no matter what i eat. I eat even when i know im full. I drink plenty of water. Do you guys think the lean shake will help at all? or can you guys recommend something that wont make me gain weight but keep me full?

Replies

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    I only looked at your diary for like 2 weeks, but there is a good reason you are so hungry. You don't eat NEARLY enough food. If you ate more real food then it would make everything better.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,398 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Im always hungry, no matter what i eat. I eat even when i know im full. I drink plenty of water. Do you guys think the lean shake will help at all? or can you guys recommend something that wont make me gain weight but keep me full?

How about muscle milk instead. It's a lot higher in calories and you are consistently under eating as it. Also, you should be eating more foods and higher calorie foods. You can eat probably up to 2000 calories before you gain fat. Based on your exercise and logs, your TDEE is around 2100 calories (at least). 700 calories is will actually affect you in other ways as it will cause your body to catabolize lean body mass and will make you preserve body fat.
  • Veronicanator
    Options
    Only recently ive been eating bad, but its only because i havent had the time to eat big healthy meals. ive always been hungry even when ive been eating well. I thought maybe i could take a shake in-between meals or something so i wouldnt eat twice as much in my next meal.
  • Fit_Vixen
    Fit_Vixen Posts: 201
    Options
    Are the slim fast shakes good for you? If so, how about that?
  • Veronicanator
    Options

How about muscle milk instead. It's a lot higher in calories and you are consistently under eating as it. Also, you should be eating more foods and higher calorie foods. You can eat probably up to 2000 calories before you gain fat. Based on your exercise and logs, your TDEE is around 2100 calories (at least). 700 calories is will actually affect you in other ways as it will cause your body to catabolize lean body mass and will make you preserve body fat.

I usually do eat a lot honestly. i barely ever worked out, and i heard i should burn all the calories i ate if i want to lose weight. Which is why i started throwing up.. i exercised and ate little. but now i want to take shakes whenever im hungry but still eat three meals a day.
  • Veronicanator
    Options

ive never tried any shake before in my life. Do you think it'd work well?
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Only recently ive been eating bad, but its only because i havent had the time to eat big healthy meals. ive always been hungry even when ive been eating well. I thought maybe i could take a shake in-between meals or something so i wouldnt eat twice as much in my next meal.

I dont think you need to worry about eating too much right now. You should be around 1500-1700 calories daily. In fact, if you want to post your height, weight, age and workout routine I can run your numbers. Also, you should be looking for fat loss, not weight loss so much. As I always say, weight loss makes you look good in clothes but fat loss makes you look good naked.
  • psuLemon
    Options

There are a lot better options. Slim fast are loaded with sugar/carbs. Muscle milk, eas, cystosport, body fortress are some of the better ones I have seen. GNC optima nutrition is supposed to be really good as well.
  • psuLemon
    Options

I usually do eat a lot honestly. i barely ever worked out, and i heard i should burn all the calories i ate if i want to lose weight. Which is why i started throwing up.. i exercised and ate little. but now i want to take shakes whenever im hungry but still eat three meals a day.

You should also start adding some real foods. You eat cereal a lot and very little meat. Lack of protein and no weight training and very little calories will lead to muscle loss. You really need to add a lot more protein in your diet (probably around 100 g )
  • iLose2Gain
    iLose2Gain Posts: 138 Member
    Options

I dont think you need to worry about eating too much right now. You should be around 1500-1700 calories daily. In fact, if you want to post your height, weight, age and workout routine I can run your numbers. Also, you should be looking for fat loss, not weight loss so much. As I always say, weight loss makes you look good in clothes but fat loss makes you look good naked.

^^^^This!! But to your question, Total Lean is ok. I tried it for 2 weeks & didn't make me as full as I needed! If you do trying, get the one that says 25. The regular one only has 9 grams of protein but 30 grams of carbs! :ohwell:

I tried MetRX before & that made me full for 4 hrs but it is a muscle building shake. While I didn't lose weight, I lost a ton of inches!!

But I'm trying to make this a lifestyle change & I don't see me lasting long on any of those shakes!! So I am apart of a group called Eat More 2 Weigh Less & I love it!! Eat more & weigh less!! They also practice a lot of strength/weight training & less cardio. It doesn't make you look like a man! So far I've lost 10 lbs! I think it is more but I haven't weighed myself in a month!!

Hope this helps!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I am not sure of that particular shake and I am not familiar with your eating or exercise habits. From what I have read however I think there are a few things you need to do. First eat some healthy snacks. You may not eat alot but your body is saying something to you if you are feeling hungry. Fruit, vegies, nuts those are all good snacks that will fit into your diet nicely. You can bag a few up and add them to a bag and take them anywhere. Busy should not be a reason for not eating a snack.

Next a shake I plan on using when school begins is the Vega One all in one nutritional shake. I made one the other day and found it to be good and I added a banana along with it. Very filling and tasted good.

But for your best interests do make sure you are eating.
  • Veronicanator
    Options

im turning eighteen soon, im between 107 and 110 pounds, my weight changes a lot. Im 5'3. id really like some help. i barely ever work out, so if you could also help me with that id be very happy. I walk a lot when im working and sometimes ill run a mile twice a week, but thats only sometimes.
  • psuLemon
    Options

^^^^This!! But to your question, Total Lean is ok. I tried it for 2 weeks & didn't make me as full as I needed! If you do trying, get the one that says 25. The regular one only has 9 grams of protein but 30 grams of carbs! :ohwell:

I tried MetRX before & that made me full for 4 hrs but it is a muscle building shake. While I didn't lose weight, I lost a ton of inches!!

But I'm trying to make this a lifestyle change & I don't see me lasting long on any of those shakes!! So I am apart of a group called Eat More 2 Weigh Less & I love it!! Eat more & weigh less!! They also practice a lot of strength/weight training & less cardio. It doesn't make you look like a man! So far I've lost 10 lbs! I think it is more but I haven't weighed myself in a month!!

Hope this helps!

The only difference between meal replace and "muscle building" shakes are that muscle building shakes have more calories. There really is NO difference between them except a few more calories.
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I personally love total lean.
    I usually have them at night to stop the night sweet cravings and they help me get my calories up as well.
    They taste really good and they stop my chocolate craving.

I feel full when I drink them. I was doing the morning/afternoon meal replacements but I prefer eating real food and using these as a snack.
  • psuLemon
    Options

im turning eighteen soon, im between 107 and 110 pounds, my weight changes a lot. Im 5'3. id really like some help. i barely ever work out, so if you could also help me with that id be very happy. I walk a lot when im working and sometimes ill run a mile twice a week, but thats only sometimes.

Well you are a reasonable weight and based on your stats, you need to eat 1300 calories. Where you would benefit the most is if you start heavy weight training (failing at 6-8 reps).
  • igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    If you are strapped for time, why not try a workout like the 30 Day Shred? It only takes 30 minutes a day and will help you tone. Try to eat more and then worry about it - if you keep eating too little your body will hold onto the weight and you'll get frustrated. Just eat plenty of lean proteins (fish/chicken/turkey) and lots of fresh veggies and fruit. I occasionally have a protein shake which is a chocolate whey protein mixed with protein powder. It's pretty good! You can also make one that has oats, banana, protein powder and almond milk that will keep you full. Try to eat lean rather than little and you will be successful.
  • Veronicanator
    Options
    If you are strapped for time, why not try a workout like the 30 Day Shred? It only takes 30 minutes a day and will help you tone. Try to eat more and then worry about it - if you keep eating too little your body will hold onto the weight and you'll get frustrated. Just eat plenty of lean proteins (fish/chicken/turkey) and lots of fresh veggies and fruit. I occasionally have a protein shake which is a chocolate whey protein mixed with protein powder. It's pretty good! You can also make one that has oats, banana, protein powder and almond milk that will keep you full. Try to eat lean rather than little and you will be successful.

im up for any work out dvd. do you know any other good ones i can buy?
  • SueMizZou
    SueMizZou Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Try it. I am working on them now. I needed to add protein and calories to my diet. I usually drink at least one per day. They are a little sweet but are very, very filling.
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    the total lean shake tastes like CRAP...

i would get some decent protein powder- i actually like the cheap stuff from walmart- body fortress peanut butter cup, or just plain chocolate, and mix it with unsweetened coconut or almond milk. tastes WAY better, and will give you the protein you need. you need more protein early in the day... you should be eating at least about 80g of protein a day- mfp has it set really really low.
  • psuLemon
    Options

im up for any work out dvd. do you know any other good ones i can buy?
    i am a big fan of chalean extreme and p90x as they focus on heavy lifting. You can also look into www.bodyrock.tv and youtube for routines if you dont have much income. I am not a huge fan of jullian michaels dvds as they are very heavy in cardio.