first goal weight hit

Options
I promised when I posted picture of myself in size 40 jeans that I'd be back when I lost another size, well that's another check mark done, along side being below 100kg it's been one hell of a month.
This journey has done so much for me, apart from the obvious physical benefits, I have gained so much confidence, I've achieved things I never thought possible at work. There's a lot of talk about the physical benefits, but I honestly believe the psychological benefits are equal to any physical gains.
Anyways enough talk, you're all here for the money shot, so here goes 128.5kg to 100kg (99.8 really)
Update20kg.jpg
20120807_113621.jpg

Yes I forgot to brush my hair today :blushing:

Replies

• gailosborne
    Options
    excellent, well done!!:smile:
  • goblynn
    goblynn Posts: 152
    Options
    You look great!! Congrats on your success!!!
  • Poemetra
    Poemetra Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    WOW you look great! You look a lot younger too in the last pic.
  • melanie3103
    melanie3103 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a transformation Gareth! Good for you.. you must feel fabulous... you look great.

Keep up the great work - what a motivation you are!

:-)
  • uwdawg07
    uwdawg07 Posts: 372
    Options
    Awesome change!! Congratulations!
  • DebraAukett
    DebraAukett Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Wow you're looking fabulous! Well done!
  • john_rees
    Options
    Gareth, that is excellent transformation and quite inspirational. People are right and you do look a lot younger.I think the weight coming off your face has made a big difference too. I have just joined and am a similar shape you were - I think you have just given me the boost.
  • Notebooks
    Notebooks Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You must be extremely Tall.
    you looked smaller than me, when both of us were 20 stone, and im 6ft2

and now at 100kg, you look great, but.. you must be 6.3+?
  • bazfitness
    bazfitness Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    First of all well done. I think you could have taken this a bit easier tbh, 28.5 KGS in 4 months is a massive amount and noticed you were under eating a bit and weren't eating back your cals. You're obviously a very determined fella - I think you can afford to be less stringent on your cals now and perhaps start taking protein powder so you hold on to your lean body mass. Anyway well done again, try to channel that determination now to keeping your strength and ease down to your weight goal, get there a bit slower and with enough protein consumption and you have a better chance of staying at that goal weight and keeping your lean body mass but you're going to have to eat more than the starvation levels you've been at!
  • dfogged
    dfogged Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    WOW. That is the big brother Gareth that I remember from all of the those 90's pictures when I had a pudding bowl haircut and an enormous fringe. Fantastic. I am really looking forward to seeing you and Angela and catching up.
  • kater8er
    kater8er Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!