Fast Dinner for family of 6??

Options
I need a quick and easy dinner for a family of 6! I am trying to do something different tonight, but I have no idea where to start. I have tons of different ingredients, so that wouldn't be a problem, so any ideas would work! Thanks!!

Replies

• mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    If you've got a jar of spaghetti sauce, cheese and chicken breasts, this would work out pretty well. I've made this a few times and my family loves it. It's only 225 per serving, so add a big salad and/or some veggies and everyone should be happy. Good luck!
  • mama2mila
    Options
    www.skinnytaste.com is my go to!

We eat something different every night as well, but our favorite is turkey bacon and veggie omelets with ezekial toast and fruit. Super quick if you have a great omelet pan and have the kiddos help chop the veggies/fruit!

Or do grill packets with veggies/potatoes and marinated grilled chicken. Each person can chose what goes in their packet, add a little butter and seasoning, and on the grill it goes!

Serve a salad first if you're short on time; and finish cooking while everyone is eating their salad!
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    One pound hamburger, one can pinto beans, one can diced tomates, chili powder/cumin to your pleasure, served over rice... Nothing beats easy chili ;)
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    When I need a fast meal and I'm not feeling very imaginative, I sauté all the veggies I have, diced up sausages or chicken or whatever meat I have and some garlic in a little bit of vegetable oil, mix in some spaghetti sauce or soy sauce or any kind of seasoning I find in my pantry and mix it up with some cooked rice or spaghetti. It makes a very satisfying meal and doesn't take too long. It comes to about 200 cals per cup by volume...
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Geez, my link didn't work. So sorry! http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/04/baked-chicken-parmesan.html

There!
  • MorbidNTT
    MorbidNTT Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Tuna Salad... Yaaay!
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Geez, my link didn't work. So sorry! http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/04/baked-chicken-parmesan.html

There!

That looks amazing! Thanks!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Stir fry! Meat, chicken or seafood and lots of veggies. Serve over rice or noodles.
  • 1SlimShaylee
    Options
    steam some veggie's, make a side of rice, and baked chicken breast!
    or cook some chicken, add canned beans, olives, cheese, lettuce, avacado, salsa, etc and have taco salad!
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I cook up ground turkey (but beef or whatever would work) and mix it with spaghetti sauce and put over instant mashed potatos. This is my husbands FAVORITE meal!
  • mystikalbeanz
    mystikalbeanz Posts: 192 Member
    Options

There!

I've made this recipe a few times and its delicious!! I make mine with a serving of ronzoni garden delight spagetti which is only 190 calories per serving and is a full serving of veggies!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Casseroles are your friend! Sherpherd's pie would be easiest. 1 lb ground beef, cooked & drained. A pack of frozen mixed veggies, steamed. Then whip up some mashed potatoes or mashed cauliflower (both only take 10-15 mins). Layer together, with mash on top, sprinkle with paprika, toss in oven at 350F for 30 mins.
  • skankamaggot
    skankamaggot Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Stir fry! Meat, chicken or seafood and lots of veggies. Serve over rice or noodles.

THIS! But I replace rice/noodles with a sauteed cabbage. Yum!
  • callen07
    callen07 Posts: 21
    Options
    Thanks guys!! These look and sound amazing! if you have anymore idea, please shoot them my way! I just got a new job as a nanny, and I am trying to make more for the kids and parents than just frozen pizza and things of that nature :) So if anyone has anymore ideas, let me know :)
  • CupcakeHarpy
    CupcakeHarpy Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Maybe a london broil. I don't know about side dishes to go with it... It depends on what the family eats, cost, time to prepare, etc. But london broil can be cooked start to finish in 15 minutes. Just marinade it during the day or even over night. Let it sit on the counter until it is room temperature (or as long as you can stand). Light the broiler, toss it in, flip it over after 6 minutes, flip, cook another 6 minutes. let it sit on the counter for 10 minutes, then slice against the grain. It actually takes a long time to make, but most of it is just letting it sit there while you do other things haha. Its only about 5 minutes of actual work. And so easy and so tasty and london broils are made from large peices of meat so I use this when I need to feed a bunch of people. I use this recipe:

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/marinated-london-broil-10000001734303/
  • preaser
    preaser Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My most recent easy meal is mexican chicken breasts. I can rotel poured over about 6 chicken breasts, trying to leave the tomatoes on top of the chicken. Bake for 30-45 minutes and then top with some shredded cheese. Yummy and very easy. Served with rice and veggies, it was very easy.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Tacos are always a good choice.
  • misifer
    misifer Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Quesadillas are super fast and easy and can be made any way you want them! I use shredded cheese and rotisserie chicken from the grocery store for the kids, and mostly veggie ones (onion, peppers, tomato, etc.) for me, and then have lots of things to "dip" them in (sour cream, salsa, guac, etc.). They are SO fast to make and the kids LOVE them.

I lay the tortilla out right on the griddle, put all the stuff on one side, fold the tortilla in half, and set another griddle pan on top of the quesadilla. Wait a bit, then flip.