Protein Shake Horror!

Options

Replies

• KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing. I bought some vanilla protein powder to try it out, and it was so gross! It didn't even taste good through a bendy straw, and everything tastes better through a bendy straw!! :grumble:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Mix it with tuna.
  • gina1971
    gina1971 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I mainly eat protein-enriched nutrient goop for breakfast. Simple and with a hint of cookie flavour.

2 tbsp peanut butter
    1/2 c dry oats
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder

Put all in bowl, pour boiling water enough to cover and stir until smooth.
    Serve with cold milk for best results.

This sounds great. I'm definitely giving it a try. Thanks for sharing!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I mix it with extra baking cocoa, tbsp peanut butter, and yogurt, a bit of vanilla, no milk or water. It's a bit like pudding and almost a treat.
    Next I'm buying unflavoured so I can add it to sweet or savoury food.
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Almond Milk/Coconut Milk, Peanut Butter....delicious!
  • DarthH8
    DarthH8 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Things I like with protein in order of best tasting to worst.

Any flavor Smoothie.
    Raspberry Emergen-c Packet.
    NO Xplode Raspberry
    Cran-raspberry Juice
    Orange Juice
    Sweetened Almond Milk
    Whole Milk
    Fat Free Milk

I've also straight up mixed it into yogurt. Although yogurt is my favorite snack and I don't like to ruin the consistency so I don't do it.

Also, I will pretty much drink the above things with any flavor of protein. But I think vanilla and chocolate both work well with those things.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Mix it with tuna.

This provides an extra protein punch! Great!
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I hate the chocolate flavor too. I really like vanilla though, can you return it?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Milk, bananas, peanut butter and protein powder. A little ice to make it like a shake. Next time buy EAS.
  • astheygrowup
    astheygrowup Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I mix mine in oatmeal. put in one scoop choc. protein powder, 1 tsp. peanut butter and a little sweetener.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Try a different brand if you don't like that one. I'm currently a fan of Vanilla Met Rx protein powder (100cals/26g protein) mixed with Chai tea. So yummy!
  • mightymouse1998
    Options
    some great tasting protein powders are gaspari myofusion and trutein protein. they are both also good quality
  • mom2dms
    mom2dms Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I love mine, but I know the ones you're referring to because those were the ones I started with. Try adding peanut butter, or a banana and lots of ice. I use almond milk too
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Most Protein powders taste pretty bad. I got a Whey Protein tub by Precision in Chocolate Velvet.. it tasted bad but I use it everyday. I add a scoop to greek yogurt or vanilla flavoured yogurt with a pinch of hot chocolate powder, blend it and you have a wonderful post workout shake. Its my homemade meal replacement since I generally work my butt off then have to run after the kids so its time saving.

Some may not like it because of the fat from the dairy but its been working for me really well. You could get a vanilla whey protein powder tub and put a scoop in with yogurt, add fruits? Nuts?
  • cyndymar
    cyndymar Posts: 73
    Options
    I have casein protein elite series triple chocalate I freeze blueberries add crushed ice and a cup of unsweetened almond milk with 1/2 a bannana , a few strawberries and its totally yum ! :smile:
  • SueMizZou
    SueMizZou Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I got the GNC Total Lean Shake. They let me try it before I purchased. The chocolate was yucky. Vanilla and strawberry are a little sweet but definitely drinkable.
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I :love: my Jay Robb Whey Protein Shake my favorite is Tropical Fruit it tastes like a orange/vanilla dreamsicle ice cream bar.
    The best thing about Jay Robb Protein shakes they use all natural sweetener Stevia not chemicals like Splenda and Aspartame.
    The vanilla is very good also because various fruits can be added. :drinker: You might want to check into it.
  • cbaac03
    cbaac03 Posts: 152
    Options
    Try checking out Dashing Dish. Yes, cottage cheese sounds weird, but it gives the shakes a nice, thick consistency and you can't taste it. Just be sure to blend it long enough to smooth it out. There are more recipes throughout the site. Experiment with some of these.
    http://dashingdish.com/recipe/dashing-dish-official-protein-shake/
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    were did u get it from if your cheeky enough take it back says its inedible and disgusting they may change for another brand :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I would totally do that LMAO
  • sicchi
    sicchi Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    OH I DID THAT! Bought an all natural powder and almost vomited! So... when I bake (I eat mostly clean so i bake whole wheat bread, muffins ect) I substitute a 1/4 cup of flour for the powder. Also, I made these chia cookies last night (chia seeds, protein powder, egg white, cocoa powder, cinnamon and honey mixed up and cooked at 180c for 20 min) which were tricky but geez, they are just protein power bombs! Just get creative, sometimes you muck it up but sometimes you hit a winner.