"Cheesy", healthy popcorn

Options
kjwillie
kjwillie Posts: 106 Member
Hey!

I was just wondering...does anyone know how to make popcorn with nutritional yeast?? I hear it has some good health benefits and is super yummy, so I wanted to give it a try!

I bought yellow popcorn and nutritional yeast by bulk at the healthfood store, but I'm not sure if I need anything else. So, if people could help me out with a recipe that worked for you that would be awesome!!

Also, do you have any idea what the nutritional/caloric information would be for say a cup of popcorn?

Thank you!!

Replies

• girlfabulous10
    girlfabulous10 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I came across this recipe, but I have yet to try it. I'm sure you could just use nutritional yeast without the other spices if you wanted.

Also I read some of the comments and you could try substituing Bragg's liquid aminos in place of the butter.

"Reviewed on Jan. 23, 2009 by Momi

Pretty darn good. I did not opt for butter, thinking that the oil alone would hold the seasonings to the popcorn - much of the toppings did end up at the bottom of the kettle, but were again on top when I poured the popcorn into a bowl. Next time, I will spray some Bragg's on before adding the seasonings and then exclude the salt. I'm surprised that my 3 year old liked this popcorn, it wasn't too spicy for her. This popcorn is so rich in flavor that you may find that you don't need to eat a lot of it to feel satisfied. Update: I now make this with air popped popcorn - use Bragg's Liquid Aminos to stick the dry ingredients to the popcorn, leave out the salt and *presto* a dieter's delight!"
  • kjwillie
    Options
    Thank you for your time to write and including a review! Which recipe is it? Can I find it online?
  • girlfabulous10
    girlfabulous10 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    ahh so sorry i forgot to include the recipe. I originally found it on allrecipes.com, it's called Emily's Famous Popcorn recipe, but I was having trouble getting to the page again. I found it again here:

http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Emily_s-Famous-Popcorn-Allrecipes
  • kjwillie
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks :)