feel disappointed in myself...

Options
today is only the second day I started my weight loss and I ALREADY overate. 2,680 calores!! I guess the good news is I at least exercised.. and ate healthy but I feel extremely disappointed in myself...

I need some motivation :/

Replies

• postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day, but if this is a reoccurring thing, you might want to seek help. We are all here for you!
  • emilymnyc
    Options
    You logged what you ate right?
    And you're coming back tomorrow?
    GREAT! Let go of what happened today and start tomorrow fresh, and know that the fact that you're here and being mindful is a HUGE leap from when you weren't doing anything.

Now what are you going to do tomorrow to make yourself feel amazing?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    At your age and with the small amount of weight you want to lose, 2680 might be really close to what you need for maintenance anyway - especially with exercise.

I wouldn't worry about it. You're fine at that calorie intake with exercise today.

Set your goal to "Lose one pound a week"(which is where you should be set with 27 lbs to lose) - and I'll bet with exercise it's pretty close.

• asdandme
    asdandme Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Its all about baby steps:smile: You just started it'll take a few days to get the hang of things so just try again tomorrow:happy: Oh did you log you excersize ??? that could give you extra cals. keep it up you'll do great!!!!
  • Rylansmommy12
    Options
    You can do this!! Stick with it and start fresh tomarrow!
  • yummymummy65
    yummymummy65 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I had one of those days .... 2 days in a row. I was horrible yesterday and the day before. I just couldn't stop eating. It was bad. I felt bad. But I told myself, that's okay. So I had a bit of a set back. It happens... Don't beat yourself up. Tomorrow is a new day. Wake up, get your work out in, have a good healthy breakfast, surround yourself with motivated people and stay focused. You can do it! I know you can and I'm rooting for you!
  • smiles4support
    Options
    first of all you can't get down on yourself on the 2nd day...it takes time! You will learn what works & what doesn't...process of elimination! YOU CAN & YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DO THIS..Set one attainable goal a day to help since you are just starting & you can build from there. GOOD LUCK!!! You can add me if you like, I'm a good motivator!!!
  • StevenV84
    Options
    As someone who has lost well over one hundred pounds and spent most of his life dieting, I can tell you that I, like most people struggling to lose weight, have had days like this. This is a long journey with many ups and downs. Use what happened today to inspire you tomorrow. The feeling you have right now should be your motivation. Make better food choices, exercise, and fight your cravings so that you never have to feel this way again. One day does not make you a failure, quitting does. Go to bed tonight and wake up motivated and energized. You may have lost a battle but tomorrow you start winning the war!!!!! Go get 'em!!!
  • Maridar
    Maridar Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    that's a truly winning attitude, stevenV84! way to go! instead of beating yourself up use it as motivation for tomorrow, it's a long journey, stay strong and committed!
  • eddysuchydvm
    eddysuchydvm Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You are going to have SO MANY of these days, it isn't even funny...every day that you do a little bit better than the last, is a win. Just keep at it and it'll get easier with time....but don't give up :)
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Are you emotionally and mentally really ready to lose weight and put in the work? I have started diets a thousand times, and if I am already bottoming out on the second day it usually means I am not ready to do it. I have successfully lost weight several times and it is usually a long time before I slip up. I mean everyone is going to slip up and have a bad day here and there, it's normal...But maybe you should prepare yourself better before you start. Good luck with it. :smile:
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    At least you know how many calories you ate! You're aware of it now and can adjust accordingly. It's only day two.... it gets much easier to stay within calories.
  • BassnMoose
    Options
    You know. That is ok. The main thing is that you realize you did it. I find it easy to track my calories by adding them each time I eat, no matter where I am at. Congrads for keeping at it for 2 days. I hope that you reach your goal. Good Luck!!!
  • Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    As someone who has lost well over one hundred pounds and spent most of his life dieting, I can tell you that I, like most people struggling to lose weight, have had days like this. This is a long journey with many ups and downs. Use what happened today to inspire you tomorrow. The feeling you have right now should be your motivation. Make better food choices, exercise, and fight your cravings so that you never have to feel this way again. One day does not make you a failure, quitting does. Go to bed tonight and wake up motivated and energized. You may have lost a battle but tomorrow you start winning the war!!!!! Go get 'em!!!

Couldn't have said it any better.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Don't be disappointed in yourself.

Focus on the positives not the negatives.

You logged. You learned something. You exercised. You ate healthier. You're coming back tomorrow.
  • KayeeDaisyBee
    Options
    You logged what you ate right?
    And you're coming back tomorrow?
    GREAT! Let go of what happened today and start tomorrow fresh, and know that the fact that you're here and being mindful is a HUGE leap from when you weren't doing anything.

Now what are you going to do tomorrow to make yourself feel amazing?

I think i actually love you. I agree with everything you've said.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Forgive yourself and start again tomorrow.
    We all have days like that
  • historygirldd
    historygirldd Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    New things take time to get the hang of. Get back up and try it again. Focus on what you did right (like you exercised. Great Job!) Sometimes you need to make small changes and then add on to these. I started out only counting calories and I messed it up a lot. Later, after getting into the habit of logging everything I eat and of eating right, I added exercise. Remember, every journey starts with one small step. Keep it up. You can do this and we are all here cheering you on. :smile:
  • lx_moss
    lx_moss Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think you should do a workout! It will take your net calories down! It's the only thing that will take you in the other direction!

As well, what everyone else is saying is great advice! Tomorrow is a new day. I have in the beginning of this long battle over eaten by accident just not knowing how many calories things are. As you go on you will learn how many calories things are and be able to predict what a meal out or at a friends place will be at. As well, you will learn what treats you can fit in and what foods you should completely avoid. Like bacon or cheese on a burger instead of both!
  • Brit574
    Brit574 Posts: 11
    Options
    At least you accounted for everything- when I overeat, I don't account for what I am eating. You can't change what you don't acknowledge. The only thing you can do about the past, is to learn from it, and change.