Are there No No healthy foods for weight loss?

So I heard that if you avoid eating certain healthy foods you lose weight faster like certain fruits and veggies what are they anyoneknow?

Replies

• FireBrand80
    FireBrand80 Posts: 378 Member
    You probably heard about foods that fill you up well relative to the amount of calories they conatain. Lean meats and fibrous veggies are good exammples.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    oh ok some one mentioned that I should avoid like bananas and peaches ect is that right?
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    oh ok some one mentioned that I should avoid like bananas and peaches ect is that right?

Bananas are VERY good for you I think some ppl reefer to it as a super food
    http://www.lifescript.com/food/articles/0/14_banana_health_benefits_you_might_not_know_about.aspx

If you really are wondering just goggle fruits that you are worried about and add "health benefits'.
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    No. It doesn't matter. Bananas are high glycemic (they digest quickly) But that's all. I've never heard anything about peaches. Vegetables in general digest slower than fruits. This does help you feel fuller longer.
  • Basically you need to learn about the basic elements of nutrition. Foods are made up of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats.

Go to the library and pick up a book about nutrition and go from there. You will learn that basic whole foods are the most nutritious and how to incorporate these foods into a balanced diet.

A peach is very different from a banana. Soon you will have it all figured out.

:-)
  • RunningGirl4God
    RunningGirl4God Posts: 5 Member
    I say all fruits and vegetables are good for you but of course for different reasons. An apple with skin has good fiber so it is good before a heavy meal so you eat less. Watermelon is full of water which is good for hydration after a long workout as I had yesterday. I think no healthy foods for weight loss is more for foods such as milk if you are lactose intolerant or if your body doesnt digest wheat well etc. There are some questionable foods out there such as those but I think all fruits and vegetables are safe for a lean and healthy body. Just be careful of the sugar content of the fruit. Go for the rainbow to get all colors and nutrients. Hope this helps!
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    It's probably the glycemic difference. Bananas are high, so they digest quicker, cause your blood sugar to jump and drop quicker. Peaches also are higher. Things like berries and citrus fruits are lower so they have less of an effect. In general though there aren't really any magic weight loss foods and eating a banana won't stall your loss if you're eating right otherwise. I eat 5-6 a week and I'm steadily losing :)