In a snacky mood - no cal snacks?!

Options
Jenny_Lou20
Jenny_Lou20 Posts: 60 Member
Oh my gosh, its one of those days where I've just sat around the house and I'm in a snacky mood.

I'm really trying to ignore it, but are there any NO CALORIE snacks, like a veggie or something that I can eat. I love veggies, but don't have much in the house. Help help help

Replies

• firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Ice cubes.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I have heard celery is really good when you are looking for pretty much no calories. I wouldn't consider going over with vegetables as a bad thing.
  • SaxophoneNerd
    SaxophoneNerd Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Water.
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn is pretty low (don't add butter).
  • Jenny_Lou20
    Jenny_Lou20 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I normally have popcorn, I think I'm just gonna wait for a little while. I've got 30 minutes till my show comes on and I always eat popcorn with it and I will just wait till then. Thanks!
  • melisa0826
    melisa0826 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try chewing some gum...or have a mint....go for a quick walk outside....
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    LOL! Good luck with that no cal. Water is it. But if you go for a walk and then are still feeling snacky, you'll have the calories for a snack!
  • sicchi
    sicchi Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    ha ha..... yep water. just have vegie sticks and dip. It does have some cal, but plenty of fibre and vitamins........
  • littlejay9865
    Options
    I have had the same problem all day. I finally ate some gluten free, seeded crackers(6) and a baby bel cheese wedge that I cut into six pieces it did have some calories to the snack but not many and a large glass of water. then I took a walk around the block.
    Feel better and now I can make it to dinner.
  • kayakinggrrl
    kayakinggrrl Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Iceberg lettuce and celery are pretty low in calories and both are crunchy enough that you have to chew. Chewing always makes me feel more full. Sugar free gum and a big glass of water, as others suggest, are helpful.
  • felcandy
    felcandy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    drink a bottle of water, then munch on some cucumber or celery... it should be fine to go over with veggies, especially since these ones are so low cal.....

OR indulge and then work off the calories hahahahhaa
  • JellyButter
    JellyButter Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Air, water, gum.

Go crazy.
  • MartinaC32
    MartinaC32 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Go brush your teeth. That usually side tracks me enough to forget about wanting to graze and snack all day.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Go brush your teeth. That usually side tracks me enough to forget about wanting to graze and snack all day.

This and for a snack - air popped popcorn!
  • uwdawg07
    uwdawg07 Posts: 372
    Options
    I agree - brushing teeth really works!

Air popped pop corn is super tasty and really low calorie, and healthy.
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind the salt content, dill pickles are a great snack and negligible calories.
  • mandiapril
    mandiapril Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Call a friend! Distract yourself!
  • swolenbeast
    Options
    I second pickles.
  • brsmom2
    brsmom2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like to drink a cup of herbal tea. It satisfies me and distracts me from eating!
  • ckish
    ckish Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I make an ultra low calorie treat like lemon or chocolate pudding in a microwave in a little over a minute.

I use a little lemon juice, water, sugarfree vanilla syrup and a pinch of cornstarch to thicken. I usually make a cup or 2 at a time and divide into 1/2 cup servings. It can even be frozen for a refreshing treat. Under 5 calories a serving. I've also made versions with a variety of sugar free syrups. I sometimes splurge and make a chocolate version with cocoa powder. I use 1/4 cup 2% milk diluted with water to make 2 cups for under 50 calories. I actually like it better than jello chocolate pudding LOL.