Has anyone tried the Daniel Fast?

Options
Its a religious thing, but it seems like an extra healthy vegan variant...

i ate a mini cheesecake today.. :( Must punish/reward myself with a strict regimen for a little while.

i've been slipping, this is my first time back in about 2 weeks....

oh for goodness sake, I work at a bakery! HALP!

Replies

• nawlinskat
    Options
    My friend does it every year in conjunction with a 40 day devotional.She always loses weight.Year before last she lost 35 lbs.
  • felcandy
    felcandy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Wow wonderful. Im worried about losing caffeine the most... i have a VERY early morning job... i started the moment i polished off my cheesecake haha *so ashamed!*
  • KettydeDios
    KettydeDios Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    How does it work exactly?
  • cwsusan
    cwsusan Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Ketty,

I teach about the Daniel Fast (my site has more than 7 million visits) and have the best-selling book out on this method of fasting. It's You can do an Internet search and find the sites that have lots of information about the fast.

It's a method of spiritual fasting based on the fasting experiences of the Old Testament prophet Daniel. It's like a vegan diet with more restrictions and the only beverage is water. Most people do the Daniel Fast for 21 consecutive days. If you are a coffee drinker, you will want to taper off all caffeine before you start the fast to avoid withdrawals.

People go on the Daniel Fast for spiritual reasons, however the health benefits are amazing. You will likey lose between 7-25 pounds, increase your energy, and if you have health issues you will likely be amazed by the way you feel.

You can go to http://daniel-fast.com and receive more information about the fast.

Be blessed on your fast,

Susan Gregory
    Author, The Daniel Fast