Why aren't I hungry?

Options
Hi all! So, for the past week, I haven't been hungry at all. And the weird thing is that I have been exercising a lot, so shouldn't that make me hungrier? Today I have eaten a bowl of soup, a Cliff bar, and a banana, and the last time I ate was 6 hours ago. I know there probably isn't a straight answer to this, but has anyone else gone through something like this?

Replies

• Robinsond61
    Options
    By the looks of your diary, you haven't really been eating breakfast (at least today, didn't look farther). Is it that you don't like many foods? I would try to get your day doing by eating a good breakfast, lots of protein and all that. And when you are hungry, (you've eaten a bit today) make sure that hunger is satisfied with high nutrient foods, not breath savers and caramel candies :wink: I'm not a doctor, just trying to shell out some advice so that when you do eat, it'll be more beneficial. Good luck, & I hope there are people that can help more than me..
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I only go through that when I'm really sick, have a tooth ache, or if it's really hot out and I've been outside all day. Mainly because I feel "sick" during all of those things. Just try to eat things that are high in calories so you can attempt to reach your goals.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    depending on the type of workouts you are doing, they could be affecting the hormones that control your appetite . HIIT style workouts are notorious for reducing hunger. unfortunately going by your hunger levels is really not an effective means of determining when your body needs to eat

i do 2-3 HIIT sessions a week so this happens to me quite often. what i do is make a timer to remind myself to eat. i also eat high calorie stuff to make sure i meet my goals, so instead of all egg whites, i'll throw 1-2 whole eggs in my scrambled eggs. i'll have 2% fat or full fat yogurt instead of non fat. i'll add an avocado and mayo to a sandwich. i'll make a 6 oz turkey burger instead of a 4 ounce burger. just little changes like that can make a overall difference to help you get to your calorie goals.

also i dont do HIIT all the time. i mainly do 6 weeks on/6 weeks off and during the off period my appetite gets back to normal
  • Cillygirl
    Options
    Hey! I was the same way. I found I didn't eat much because either I didn't like what I had for lunch, I was stressed or I was sick. You're body can go into starvation mode when you are on a significantly low calorie diet (even unintentionally) and as a result any food you do consume will be stored because your body doesn't know when it will get nutrients again (that goes against our goals >.<). So even if you are uninterested in food I think you should still try to eat something, even if its just a piece of fruit, granola bar, mix nuts etc. so you reach your calorie goals to maintain your exercise routine and healthy weight loss goals. I think that having an eating schedule is just as important as having an exercising schedule. I think three meals a day and two snacks is a great start to making yourself eat when not interested. I found that after a week or two of following an eating schedule I couldn't skip a snack between meals or I would be starving by the next meal! I'm just providing my two cents on the topic. I would love to hear what others have to say on this! Good luck and thanks for the post :)