MrsCCWoods Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You really dont need to loss more weight just tone up
    25438163.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • clobercow
    clobercow Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Skin is paper thin. Your skin is full of fat. If you want that to go away, lose more fat. Then the skin will tighten up.
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Im willing to bet you have loose skin and less fat than you think. Resistance training will help some. If you loose a lot of weight quickly, you may have to go the plastic surgery route.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    It looks like skin and not fat to me. There is a machine called lipo massage that sucks the stin like a vacuum and makes it firmer. You might need around 4-5 treatments. Take a look on you tube to see how it is done. The cost is around $55 per treatment.
  • MJMARIN81
    Options
    I too lost about 30 lbs and have not loss the belly. I thought the same at 220 I thought if I got down to 190 I'd have a six pack or be close. Got to 190 and it was not there. Then dropped to 180 and still was not there. I am 5'11" and anything lower would make me look too skinny. I mean its smaller than it was at 220 but no where near where I had hoped it would be. I have done Insanity and do ab work about 2 to 3 times a week. While I do feel stronger it is not smaller. I feel its all in the eating but I have yet to figure out how to eat clean to cut fat but not lose too much muscle or more size in the process. Which I had an answer but wanted to at least give a man's point of view and struggle as well. Its not just the ladies with this type of issue. But all we can do is keep at it and work out I guess. Good luck!! :smile:
  • vodkoffee
    vodkoffee Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Pilates and strength training. You do not need to lose more weight. You may even gain a couple pounds as you put on muscle. You've reached your goal, it's toning time. Congrats! :)
  • ashleew1117
    Options
    I would recommend trying 30 Day Shred, it targets those areas as well, as your arms and everything.
    But there is really nice workouts for your stomach and to build those abs, i think that should get rid of the problem that you have.
    & it only takes roughly 30 minutes to complete a day.
  • chriscleary
    Options
    you could try Zumba, it is slower than weight training but alot of fun and it will work
  • Sovanna
    Sovanna Posts: 1
    Options
    I think you look fine, and agree with the suggestions to do some strength training to tone up. You might also have some bloating from water retention or food allergies giving you the tummy, since your weight is in the normal range. It's normal for women to have a curved belly though. Those flat tummy magazine pictures have often been airbrushed - even the models don't look like that in real life. Your skin might also need some time to catch up to your weight loss.

If you put your stats in the BMI calculator, you'd be underweight for your height at 98lbs, but are in the normal range (Body mass index-wise) from 100-132lbs. Some people also base it on waist measurement, as muscle weighs more than fat. I lost only 6 pounds in one year I spent weight training, but in the same year lost 6 inches of waist and looked a lot thinner.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    You need to do strength training that's all.. if you just walk and do cardio it will burn off fat but none of the muscle underneath is being increased to burn more!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I would recommend trying 30 Day Shred, it targets those areas as well, as your arms and everything.
    But there is really nice workouts for your stomach and to build those abs, i think that should get rid of the problem that you have.
    & it only takes roughly 30 minutes to complete a day.

^ Yes

Its about 25 minutes which is fab!
  • txbutterfly69
    txbutterfly69 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Same issues. Had the "tummy" problems forever. Loosing weight, but my tummy just won't shrink. My kids are 16 & 21 now.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    This is the issue I'm having right now too! I still have a couple more pounds to reach for my goal (more than my ticker notes, I'm raising the bar) but my stomach feels like it's going to be with me forever!
  • larnsperger
    larnsperger Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Skin is paper thin. Your skin is full of fat. If you want that to go away, lose more fat. Then the skin will tighten up.
    [/quote

OBVIOUSLY a statement from a man whos' NEVER had a baby. You look awesome. I've had 4 babies and 3 c-sections. Work on your core, it will help, as will weight workouts. Learn to accept your beautiful amazing body. It's impossible for most of us to end up with the same belly after child birth but there are people blessed with that gift.
  • clobercow
    Options

OBVIOUSLY a statement from a man whos' NEVER had a baby. You look awesome. I've had 4 babies and 3 c-sections. Work on your core, it will help, as will weight workouts. Learn to accept your beautiful amazing body. It's impossible for most of us to end up with the same belly after child birth but there are people blessed with that gift.
    [/quote]

I don't see how that applies. Paper thin means that any loose skin will be very thin resulting in very thin folds that will lay in sheets that will tighten up over time. Skin that has thick fat underneath it will bulge and distort. Stretch marks are a different issue but they can be mended also. Just keep losing subcutaneous fat and the skin will shrink down as far as the fat layer will allow.
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Eat more and weight train.
  • OTchic
    OTchic Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    QUESTION:

strength training and weight train i have carpal tunnel in both hands pain was so severe last year that i was about to get surgery for it. my doctor has advised me to not lift more than 5 lbs on each hand because when i did the JM videos i found myself in a lot of pain in my wrists, hands, fingers. so does that mean i'm sht of out luck?!!! i can't do stuff like p90x or insanity? i guess i should stick to Pilates and ab work right?

THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL OF YOUR SUGGESTIONS. i am currently looking up videos and info for all you recommended me!
  • clobercow
    Options
    QUESTION:

strength training and weight train i have carpal tunnel in both hands pain was so severe last year that i was about to get surgery for it. my doctor has advised me to not lift more than 5 lbs on each hand because when i did the JM videos i found myself in a lot of pain in my wrists, hands, fingers. so does that mean i'm sht of out luck?!!! i can't do stuff like p90x or insanity? i guess i should stick to Pilates and ab work right?

THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL OF YOUR SUGGESTIONS. i am currently looking up videos and info for all you recommended me!

Legg press, squats, back/hip extension, calfs

Are you just unable to do pulling movements with the hands? If so benchpress/chest press, shoulder press. If it the other way around, pulldown, rows.
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Planks - lots of planks - you can do them on your forearms without putting pressure on your hands and wrists. Start with a 4 point stance, then work up to a 3 point and eventually a 2 point stance by lifting a foot or a hand try them with your feet on a step or on a balance ball will kick you core!

And do the squats and lower body weight training as well!