11 months and 96 lbs. gone so far

Options
Smokey19
Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
I've lost this wt. through a lot of hard work via exercise and food choices. We can all do it with a lot of work. It has become easier since using mfp. Logging my food choices has taught me how many calories, fats, etc. are in the food that I ate. Also, logging my exercise has showed me how many calories I burn doing everyday things along with what I burn going to the gym. I feel healthier than I have in years.

I had a heart attack 4 yrs. ago at the age of 44 that required open heart surgery to bypass 5 totally blocked coronary arteries. I have diabetes and since losing wt. have been taken off insulin and am down to one oral medication to control my diabetes. I still have neuropathy in my legs, but the pain is better controlled since losing wt. I have also had to have my gall bladder out due to it being filled with junk and stones. Due to being overweight I also had to have a bladder sling inserted to stop urinary incontinence. I have really been unhealthy in the past. But that is still a work in progress to become even more healthy.

I've learned so much about nutrition values in foods. I try to eat foods loaded with vitamins, like spinach and sweet potatoes. I also have to eat a high protein diet and have learned to choose low fat meats, cheeses, peanut butter, eggs, etc. I also take multiple vitamins, calcium and vitamin D supplements everyday. Those were recommended by my physician, so I follow his suggestions. I also have blood tests every 6 months to measure my vitamin levels.

I did this and you can, too. I know that you can. Feel free to add me if you wish. My name is Kimberlee and I am 48 yrs. old.

Replies

• dosmundos
    Options
    Congratulations. Very inspirational your journey.
  • Lynn625
    Lynn625 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Your hard work has paid off!
  • gazz777au
    gazz777au Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Well done. FR sent.
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    Wow congradulations!
  • yeshallfind
    Options
    WOW Kimberlee! That is so neat. Your an inspiration to all of us.
  • Poemetra
    Poemetra Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • ShinyFuture
    ShinyFuture Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Totally awesome and inspiring. Please, if you can, post pictures.
  • Lanibugluv
    Lanibugluv Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Bless you for inspiring us and thank you for the motivation! You just helped me to resist dessert that I didn't have calories for! Thanks!
  • lclowe0808
    lclowe0808 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hiyeeeeeeeeeee Kimberlee.....you are truly an inpsiration to everyone who is struggling with weight. I didn't have a heart attack, but I couldn't walk so I knew something had to change. You are always out here inspiring all of us with the daily quotes, and we appreciate you so much. Just when I think things are going wrong or need a lift, you post something that helps me keep going.

Luv ya lots!!!!!!

Sarge
  • alesi_79
    alesi_79 Posts: 23
    Options
    Congratulations !!!! What a wonderful inspiration for all of us!
  • galecolleen
    Options
    congratulations...great motivation and inspiration!
  • IamSam25
    IamSam25 Posts: 21
    Options
    Congratulations on all that you have done Kimberlee. That is some pretty remarkable changes you have made. I hope to hear more of your success.
  • CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • larnsperger
    larnsperger Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm so inspired when I read stories of people who fight really hard to lose the weight and get off of meds to better their overall health!!!

Simply amazing, story with inspiration for the rest of us! You go girl!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are the perfect example of how much of an affect lifestyle has on the diseases that most people just are a part of aging! You should be very proud of yourself!
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Way to take control of your life! You are an inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!