Hysterectomy and weight

Options
Has anyone out there had a complete hysterectomy and now struggle to lose weight? I had a complete hysterectomy almost two years ago and since then I have the hardest time getting the scale to budge. I've tried everyhthing that use to work for me and a few new diets. I joined weight watchers and lost 12lbs, but then stopped losing. I would like to lose 15 more so I decided to give this a try and really hoping counting my calories will help. I'm very active and try to do some type of exercise every day. I do struggle eating enough during the day and I'm working hard at making sure I take in enough calories. If anyone has been through this and can offer any sort of advice I would really appreciate it.

Replies

• dbkjw1964
    Options
    I had one 23 yrs ago and its been a battle since then. I dont know if you are on hrt, but I was for years and then for medical reasons had to stop it. I lost 41 lbs almost overnight. Unfortunately about 10 mths ago it became extremely necessary for me to go back on them. Within just a few weeks I had packed on 10 lbs. I am on the lowest form possible so changing the prescription wont help. I am now here working very hard to get rid of it and let me say, they are stubborn. Feel free to friend me and maybe we can figure this out together.
  • Tina0928
    Options
    I had a complete hysterectomy when I was 28yrs old. It has been 13yrs since having it done and losing weight seems impossible. I also would welcome any advise.
  • marie793
    Options
    I'm sorry there are others going through this to. I am on hrt. The doctor who did my surgery said weight would not be an issue for me but I ended up finding another doctor this year because she didn't seem to take my concerns seriously. Not only was I struggling with my weight but I also didn't feel happy at all with anything. My new doctor put me on estorgen and progesterin and since then I feel like myself again and the weight has been slowly coming off. I just hope it all balances out soon.