Calorie Goal

Options
I am 5' 4'' 160 lbs and I would like to lose weight. Currently, I am working out 3-4 times a week. What should my caloric intake be? What combination of protein to carbs, etc. I receive so much conflicting advice, I don't know where to begin. I started eating 1200 and not eating back my cals, then upped it to 1350 and was told that was too low and that I should be eating 1500 at minimum. I have not lost an ounce in three weeks. Help!!!

Replies

• Breeslice09
    Options
    Did u loose on 1200?
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Did you input your numbers into MFP? it will give you a sensible number...as long as you're not trying to lose a silly amount per week.
  • Bazan101
    Bazan101 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    not so far
  • BradHallFitness
    BradHallFitness Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Did you input your numbers into MFP? it will give you a sensible number...as long as you're not trying to lose a silly amount per week.

MFP is notoriously low for caloric intake. Unless you like the system they have where you track your calories burned accurately and then "eat your calories back".
    I've tried that method and it's not worked well for me. Here is a simple site that might help you better for determining your caloric needs: http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

The link above and you working out 3-4 times per week will calculate a good number for you. You won't be eating back your calories though. That calculator takes into account your caloric burn from workouts in the number it gives you. Based on the above link you would be at 1576 calories per day. Macros is all depending on you really but a sensible ratio is 40/40/20 (Carb/Protein/Fat).

For water divide your weight by 2 (160/2 = 80). 80 ounces of water per day minimum, you might drink more depending on your workouts.
  • Bazan101
    Bazan101 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!!