Options

Replies

• questhaven
    questhaven Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! :)
  • ladyfingers39
    Options
    Hi congrats for joining. It's a great first step! Feel free to add me, I would love to encourage you.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well... :happy:
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I am also 45 - only 2 kids though. Where is Bark River? I am
    in Michigan City/LaPorte, IN which is very close to New Buffalo, MI.

I have a friend who lives in the New Buffalo area, and I think he works in Indiana (Is there a nuclear power plant in that area? I think that's where he works.) I was born in Berrien County, MI, and my dad was born and raised in Stephensville, MI (about 30min from New Buffalo).
  • pauldbarnhart
    pauldbarnhart Posts: 5,999 Member
    Options
    I miss the UP (in the summer), but I'm loving NC. No more 30 foot snowfalls for me, thank you very much.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I miss the UP (in the summer), but I'm loving NC. No more 30 foot snowfalls for me, thank you very much.

What part of NC? My mom lives in Raleigh, and I'm in Upstate SC, not far from Charlotte and Asheville.
  • judy2888
    judy2888 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome. Please feel free to add me. I'm 45 with 2 children, a husband and a cocker spaniel (so really 4 kids....LOL). Now that I know what a yooper is, my mom is from Crystal Falls.
  • sailinjen
    sailinjen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    HI! Will be 45, 2 kids, from Traverse City and miss it terribly!!!!!! Lets do this girls!!!! Feel free to add me!!! And stay away from cousin Jennys pasties!!!! hahahas
  • danamarier
    Options
    Congrats on your new journey- feel free to add me!
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Haha...I saw "yooper" and had to click! I'm a bit younger than the others here...23 years old but a Yooper none the less! Lived in Menominee most of my life and went to school in Marquette. Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    :) Sending a request.... anyone else may feel free to add me!
  • kwoopsy
    kwoopsy Posts: 1
    Options
    Feel free to add me...I just joined yesterday. I was born in L'Anse, and moved back and forth between the UP and the Detroit area my whole life. I'm currently in Redford (Detroit border), but I go visit the UP every chance I get! I'm 43 and have struggled with my weight my entire life...like you, I've decided it's time to take care of ME!
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    I'm 43. If you'd like to add me, feel free!
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 41 with 2 kids, I have NO IDEA what a yooper is! I am from/in UK and HAVE to sort myself out. I lost 19lbs early Spring, and that was a drop in the ocean, I have managed to put the whole lot back on again grrrr any motivation is welcome. I've been watching biggest Loser USA (from my sofa!!!) Time for me now.
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 41 with 2 kids, I have NO IDEA what a yooper is!

A Yooper is someone from the upper peninsula of Michigan, the part between Lake Superior and Lake Michigan on this map.

map.GIF
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for enlightening me there! It all makes much more sense now :laugh:
  • pauldbarnhart
    pauldbarnhart Posts: 5,999 Member
    Options
    And those of us from the lower peninsula of Michigan were occasionally referred to as "low-pers" when we went to university in the upper peninsula.

Another nickname for us was "Trolls" because we lived "under the bridge", meaning we lived south of the Mackinaw Bridge that connects the two peninsulas of Michigan.
  • Nefetete
    Nefetete Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'v joined recently as well feel free to add me.
  • rhondadwyer69
    rhondadwyer69 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm 45...a mother...lost 90 so far with quite a few to go. Not sure if I'm a yooper...but feel free to add me ;-D

You are a yooper if you live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan! I'm a Michigander but I grew up in the Lower Peninsula. Awesome job on your progress! :flowerforyou:
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me!!! I'm a big animal advocate as well :D