Pie

Options
mygrl4meee
mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
Someone came in the coffee shop where I work as a caregiver thru an agency. A volunteer had a pie and verbally told me how she made it.
It is 3 single servings of yogurt. I used 100 calorie yogurt.
4oz of a light cool whip
You mix the two about together and pour it on graham cracker crust.
Freeze for at least four hours

This part I was sort of confused. She said set out for two hours before eating but with it being really hot I thought it would turn to mush. So, I put it in the fridge to defrost some and when we ate it. It was a little icy and could have been a little softer for me.

So, you might have to play around with it if you want to try it.

It came out to 169 calories per serving if you made 8 servings out of it.

Replies

• maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Yum! I'm definitely making this tomorrow (after I go to the grocery store!)
  • LiveLifeLogically
    LiveLifeLogically Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yup...gonna make it!!!! Thanks!!!!
  • yeshallfind
    Options
    I LOVE yogurt pie. My favorite one is with Lemon yogurt mixed with Cool Whip. Add fresh squeezed lemon juice and lemon zest...freeze. You can eat it froze or thawed. Depends on how you like it.
  • superflashphoto
    superflashphoto Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My mom does something similar with chocolate pudding mixed with Cool Whip... probably higher in calories, but it is super delicious.
  • jillby10
    jillby10 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing - sounds great. Bet the coconut Greek yogurt and a pineapple yogurt mixed together would be great!
  • mygrl4meee
    Options
    My friend makes the chocolate version too. I didn't know how she did it until I was telling her the new recipe I was trying. I miss cheesecake and this is a perfect replacement for it. Also, my 12 year old son loved it so that's a bonus.
  • rach41413
    rach41413 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Mmm sounds good!
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    Great idea!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I LOVE yogurt pie. My favorite one is with Lemon yogurt mixed with Cool Whip. Add fresh squeezed lemon juice and lemon zest...freeze. You can eat it froze or thawed. Depends on how you like it.

I was just thinking that some citrus zest would really set this pie off. I was thinking lime though. :love:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I've made that before - it's so good! And yes, it definitely needs time to thaw... There are some other great diet friendly desert recipes like this on Dottie's Weight Loss Zone website www.dwlz.com
  • mygrl4meee
    Options
    Is it normal for the pie filling to lose it's form after you cut it? It was messy and didn't hold together today. It was still very good though. Just wondering if there is a better way?
  • maremare312
    Options
    I made this today with lemon yogurt but we haven't eaten it yet (defrosting on the couter). My nephews loved the "batter!" I added the juice from one whole lemon to amp it up. If I'd had any yellow food coloring I would have put in a drop or two of that since it was super white.
  • vkruithof
    vkruithof Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome! I'm not a sweet lover, but my people are and I like the idea of sneaking them good treats! Thank you very much! :flowerforyou:
  • AmyfromBama
    AmyfromBama Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    i made a easy cheesecake the other day.. It was 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 8 oz fat free cream cheese, and one bowl of lite cool whip ... mix crean cheese and powder first then mix in the cool whip! And pour into graham cracker pie crust! I refrigerated mine over nite and ate it the next morning!!! It was delish!!! I dont know the calories and all to it! Oh and be sure your cream cheese is softened! :)
  • maremare312
    Options
    Sounds awesome! I'm not a sweet lover, but my people are and I like the idea of sneaking them good treats! Thank you very much! :flowerforyou:

It's really not a super sweet dessert, the yogurt flavor comes through with a nice bit of tartness....plus mine was lemon flavored and I added lemon juice!

Next time I'm going to make this with blackberry yogurt and fold in some frozen blackberries!