olive garden nutrition info..help!

Options
ladyark
ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
I went to olive garden for dinner and had the soup and salad. The problem is on the OG nutrition website its says Garden salad with dressing is 290 calories for 1 serving. Well, when they bring you that big bowl of salad are they considering that whole thing 1 serving or more?? The server had no idea so that was no help. I ate half just to be safe. The food database on here has conflicting calories. If anyone knows for sure that would be a great help...thank you :)

Replies

• AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I would check out the calorie counts for the salad and dressing seperate and give it your best estimate.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    That is for the whole salad. I eat salads from Subway a lot, and those are only like 110 calories, and that includes ham, cheese AND dressing!
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how it's possible to build a salad that has ham, cheese and dressing for 110 calories, you may want to double check that. Not trolling, that just seems really low to me unless the dressing it pretty much non existent.

According to Olive Garden's site the Garden Fresh salad w/ dressing (one serving) is 150 calories.
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Item Calories Total Fat (g) Sat. Fat (g) Sodium (mg) Carb. (g) Fiber (g) Protein (g)
    Garden-Fresh Salad (one serving with dressing) 150 10 1.5 760 11 2 2
  • mgnmsn
    mgnmsn Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how it's possible to build a salad that has ham, cheese and dressing for 110 calories, you may want to double check that. Not trolling, that just seems really low to me unless the dressing it pretty much non existent.

According to Olive Garden's site the Garden Fresh salad w/ dressing (one serving) is 150 calories.

I agree with you, thats very low for ham, cheese and dressing :noway:
  • JenniferARoss
    JenniferARoss Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    If you ask, they will do the dressing on the side. :)
  • VenusEnvy
    VenusEnvy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Just stay out of Olive Garden all together :)
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Item Calories Total Fat (g) Sat. Fat (g) Sodium (mg) Carb. (g) Fiber (g) Protein (g)
    Garden-Fresh Salad (one serving with dressing) 150 10 1.5 760 11 2 2

It's the sodium in these chain restaurants that kills you. Well, the calories are pretty bad, too, mostly. Per the above, 760 mgs for one lousy salad? -- WTF? -- You haven't even gotten to your main course yet! Ugh. Stay away. Meantime, expect a big bump of water weight on the scale for a few days. Like several pounds. :-(
  • blleadon
    blleadon Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I love that place. I sometimes use it as a reward. But then again after all the workouts I end up having calories and sodium points left at the end of the week.
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options

I have a nutrition guide that they gave me when i went to Olive garden last night and it says Garden fresh salad ( one serving) with dressing = 290.

I just cant figure out if its that WHOLE bowl they give that is 290? It was a treat so i am not complaining about what i ate i just want to be able to log it properly is all. Thanks for all the replys.
  • LHudson53
    LHudson53 Posts: 126
    Options
    "One serving"...I hate when they do that! My husband went to Pei Wei with our son and thought he had a good, nuitritious lunch. Until he found out that it was DOUBLE the calories he expected because a small bowl, served to just one person, is considered TWO servings!!!

Wish everyone who does that would give it in ounces or something a little more helpful.