Skin issues

Options
Since I've started eating better and working out (no much but it's a start) I've noticed my skin has flared up yet again. I used to have acne but 2 and a bit doses of Roaacutane calmed it right down. Now all of a sudden my skin is breaking out along my jaw, forehead and on my cheeks, I'm not sure why this is happening? Has anyone else experienced this? I'm a 23 year old female. Diary is open. The pimples are not heaps bad but they are there and can be seen very clearly, so over having crappy skin :-(

Replies

• WickedPixie1
    WickedPixie1 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm 40, it's nearly TOM and starting to get those menopausal feelings!! It could be anything at this point really. But with eating better, exercising and drinking lots of water I'm guessing it won't be a long term issue.
    I'm getting bumps and a little bit of acne across my shoulders and some weird not-quite-dry-not-quite-scaly patches on my arms. I'm thinking (hoping) it's just toxins getting flushed out of my system.
    Looking at your diary, it's probably your system cleaning itself out.
  • landaverdeSV
    landaverdeSV Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm a bit younger than you however the same thing happened to me, I was also on roaccutane and when I started working out and slowly changing my diet my skin broke out! I tried to hide it with makeup but sweat and makeup don't mix well, after a week or so of having a cleaner diet and daily excerise (mostly running) my skin cleared right up. It looks great asides from a bit of black heads (hard to get rid of!). My best adobe for you is to continue your excerising and improving your diet it actually affects your skin positively after some geting used to on your glands part and don't aggravate it with over washing or product.
  • wiltl
    wiltl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Take a look at this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/674517-my-face-is-gross

There are a lot of good ideas to try. Keep drinking a lot of water, too.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Switch to a PH balanced soap. That seems to help. If you're working out, make sure you wash your face right afterwards. Be careful about creams! There are some out there that seem to cause me to break out. Some body creams just clog your pores. Also, if you can, exfoliate. There are lots of products out there that will help you open up your pores. Oh, I found a steamer for the face makes a HUGE difference and helps clean your face. You can also get a clay mask. That helps a lot. Last but not least - egg on the face. I'm not kidding. Take the egg white and put it on your skin and let it dry. The vitamins will help heal your face.
  • babydollash
    Options
    Switch to a PH balanced soap. That seems to help. If you're working out, make sure you wash your face right afterwards. Be careful about creams! There are some out there that seem to cause me to break out. Some body creams just clog your pores. Also, if you can, exfoliate. There are lots of products out there that will help you open up your pores. Oh, I found a steamer for the face makes a HUGE difference and helps clean your face. You can also get a clay mask. That helps a lot. Last but not least - egg on the face. I'm not kidding. Take the egg white and put it on your skin and let it dry. The vitamins will help heal your face.

Thanks :-) I've heard about the egg. My boyfriend suggested I make a lemon and asprin paste for my skin when it's really red, it helps, takes the redness down and eats away at my pimples without over drying the sensitive parts of my face.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Get some Mary Kay microdemabrasion to smooth out your skin like silk (no I do not sell it). Wash your face after workouts.