I blew it! and encouragement

Options
Oops, I slipped off the good path today and ate cheesies! That sure blew the calorie count out of whack, crunch crunch crunch.

Here's a poem that I look to for encouragement after I've done myself wrong. Hope it helps you, too.

Come, come, whoever you are.
Wanderer, worshipper, lover of leaving — it doesn't matter,
Ours is not a caravan of despair.
Come, even if you have broken your vow a hundred times,
Come, come again, come.

~ Rumi

Replies

• Zalli
    Zalli Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the poem----Rumi's words are often just the thing.
  • gvheintz
    gvheintz Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Love the cheezies. Hate the feeling in my stomach after I eat them. Even before trying to lose weight ... I thought, "not worth it." (most of the time.:bigsmile: )
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    It's okay to go over sometimes! I know I do. Overall, it doesn't affect my progress and I've found that if I give into my cravings when I want them, I'm much better at just have a little bit....if I avoid my cravings then when I give in, I eat like the whole bag/box whatever!
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    So what exactly are cheesies? As in cheese puffs or cheetos? The good thing is today is done and tomorrow is a new day. Get right back on track. No big deal, but no cheesies tomorrow!!!!
  • fluffeesquirrel
    fluffeesquirrel Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    It happens... I pseudo binged the last 2-3 days and I am the same weight I was before I did it. Blowing it every once in a while is good for you and your cravings.
  • HellySuccess
    HellySuccess Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yes, very much like Cheetos. And to quote Scarlett O'Hara, "Tomorrow is another day."
  • HellySuccess
    HellySuccess Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wow, good for you! Well done!
  • chrisbellamybrown
    chrisbellamybrown Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I loved your poem. As a cheese lover...and the thick crusty bread to go with it... and the chianti also, life can be hard. I have nearly reached my goal and there have been times when I really went to bed hungry, but when people say how well I look, and the Doc says I can have a hip op done soon and get the best quality joint because I am fit and active and at the right weight.... Oh boy is it worth it. Try and let the cheese sing its siren song to someone else for at least a month, then you will be able to eat just a nibble for pure pleasure and it will be within your limits. Good luck. Keep your sense of humour and philosophy and you will make it, one small step at a time.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    In the realm of life and all its decisions and ups and downs and big pictures... what are a few cheezies?

is your diet made up mostly of cheezies? or are they freckled in it here and there?

:)
  • jordanreddick
    jordanreddick Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I promise you, you did not "blow" your diet. You would have had to eat 3,500 calories worth of cheezies to gain a pound. You fell of the wagon a bit and reverted back to old ways, but at least you recognize it and are aware that that ype of food will get you nowhere. Tomorrow is a new day, drink a lot of water the rest fo the day to counteract the sodium you ingested and try to not retain. You can do it!