LADIES: shape wear under wedding dress?

Options
Ladies,

I have a great wedding dress. It's ivory and a very sheer, thin fabric, fitted through the hips, then flares out. It has a great bustier built in. When they tied it tight I felt so skinny! It was holding me in so well I didn't even need a bra.

2 major problems with it though: It's white and you can see it through the ivory dress, and the bottom of it cuts off the middle of my lower ab "pooch" so there is a huge roll that sticks out of the bottom. Not to mention the flab around my love handles.

So I my aunt said she can take it out, and I can just find a different bustier and/or shapewear to wear underneath.

So I'm looking for something that will tie in the back and hold me in, including my bewbs. I would also need it to go low enough to cover my pooch. I'm having a hard time finding anything online.

Any specific suggestions? Links would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    spanx?
  • veerichie
    veerichie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    That's the first place I looked. Spanx alone aren't supportive enough to hold up the bewbs. Unless they have a corset section I missed???

I guess I've been thinking about doing the slip shaped spanx in combination with some kind of bustier?? I'm clueless and stressing way too much over this. :\
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    there is a plethora of shapewear out there. I haven't shopped for it online so I don't have links, but Macy's, even Target, carries all kinds.
  • MsSheri82
    Options
    look up Ardyss Body Magic....I have one and it works wonders.
  • Skeena4
    Skeena4 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Try Fredericks of Hollywood :-)
  • girlnamedlee
    girlnamedlee Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the dress on as is with spanx? If you got the ones that go to the bottom of your ribcage, there shouldn't be a gap between garments. Although you may need to test drive using the restroom to make sure that's still possible on the big day.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I got a lovely number from a local Kohls, and I know they have them at JCPenney, as well. Under $50 with a full support bra, plus removable straps. I'd recommend going into a local department store and seeing what they have on hand.
  • veerichie
    Options
    look up Ardyss Body Magic....I have one and it works wonders.

http://www.ardyss.com/tx/products/shapers/body-reshaper-long/

This is kind of close to what I'm looking for but it must be strapless, and would prefer a built in bra plus coset :\

appreciate everyone's suggestions... maybe what I'm looking for doesn't exist.
  • veerichie
    Options
    I guess I forgot to mention I'm worried about doing a strapless bra + spanx corset/shaper because I have big bewbs for my body and I'm afraid they don't get much support with a strapless. The corset really sucked me in and supported my bewbs fully, just didn't cover my flab and love handles.

Sorry I'm so crabby after searching for the longest time. :(
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I did a full on corset under my dress. But be careful with them and make sure the fit is right. The ribbing on mine was cutting into my sides by the end of the night and was very uncomfortable. Take your time and find something that works for you!
  • glass2diamonds
    Options
    I had a long line bra that was corset style. Unless you have and open corset back why ties? wouldnt that adding extra bulk with the ties. I got mine from davids bridal and it fit really well. so well that i had to have someone else help me put it on and take it off. mine came down far enough to cover my pooch and have lots of support for the girls.
  • Montegue42
    Options
    I am a little busty/poochy, and I'd do spanx+bustier all the way. Spanx under bustier. Makes the bathroom complicated though....
  • MsTonyaRenee
    MsTonyaRenee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I got one for my sisters wedding from David's bridal. It held in my boobs and extended down about mid hip. It was strapless and held me in really well. I did have to have someone snap me in it though :)
  • BirdGirlFit
    BirdGirlFit Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just bought some shapewear and a strapless bra at macys.com. they are having a 15% sale on lingerie right now if you use the code 'save'! They have less expensive options that are comparable to Spanx.
  • jigarf2f
    Options
    You can try out, Maidenform's shapewear collection reinvents comfort.. i just seen the news at http://www.fibre2fashion.com/news/apparel-news/newsdetails.aspx?news_id=114294
  • crazylikefox
    Options
    http://www.hourglassangel.com/

I myself have the "flakisima waist cincher", for when I wear my very uncomfortable blues uniform. If I'm going to be cinched in, I'm going to look fabulous, damnit ;) I like it.

I think you should be able to find what you need here. They seem to have shapewear to restrain anything and everything!
  • missquela
    missquela Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    bump! i am having similar issues.. I'm a street size 14, 38C bra. I carry ALL my weight in my stomach so I'm working on finding the perfect combo. I just bought a longline strapless corset bra in 38C and am going to try it with my spanx high waisted undies... thinking it should cover the whole package! I'll let you know...
  • droogievesch
    Options
    I have some from Victoria's Secret and it's like a mini dress and pulls me in from the waist, butt, hips, and thighs. I can't remember if it comes with optional straps or not
  • absolutnonsense
    Options
    Try What Katie Did, they've got pretty not to expensive nicelooking vintage type shape wear in a load of different styles, bridal section on the website too, I think. Sorry if this sounds like an ad, it isn't, just wear me a lot of them girdles!
    Www.whatkatiedid.com