Just opened diary. Am I eating alright?

Options
Arexxx
Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
People keep saying "Eat more to lose weight!" And I manage around 1,200-1,300 a day. Of healthy food. And I feel full, I'm not tired, and my thinking isn't impaired/foggy. But now I'm paranoid that I'm somehow starving myself o.o

But should I change some things? I'm losing about 1 pound or 2 a week with the 30 day shred and walking for exersize.

Replies

• GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I personally think its fine. Just keep doing what your doing if its working for you.
  • kzcortes
    kzcortes Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I only looked at today and yesterday but it looks like you're doing good. ~1,200 is what I'm netting and I lost 4 lb in the past 7 days. Just keep it up and resist the urge to to cheat!
  • laurie571
    laurie571 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    and dont forget your water
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Looks good for now. Some days are a bit low. Try to always eat 1200 and maybe 1350-1400 on the days you work out. If you're hungry and have extra calories eat something. Just listen to your body. Today was a really low day. Try to avoid those when you can. but your choices look quite good to me.
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    But should I change some things?

You're eating balanced. My only concern would be low fiber in that diet. Your average is pretty low. You can try to add some lentils or beans for soluble fiber. If you're having BM problems, some insoluble fiber from more vegetables, bulgur, whole grain etc.
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Looks good for now. Some days are a bit low. Try to always eat 1200 and maybe 1350-1400 on the days you work out. If you're hungry and have extra calories eat something. Just listen to your body. Today was a really low day. Try to avoid those when you can. but your choices look quite good to me.

Haven't finished logging for today, it's only 4 pm :P
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    you will probably burn out pretty fast. i couldn't handle 1200 more than a month before i literally needed two cups of coffee to get moving. i increased my calories to my TDEE -15% and just eat that EVERY day now so i don't have to bank on exercise calories. i put on a few pounds at first- my body was hungry... but i also gained energy and was able to start working out at a better intensity and not be so tired all the time. i eat 1850 every day now regardless of my activity level (workout about 4hours a week, am kinda lazy elsewise) and am continuing to drop inches.