first NSV!!

Options
I haven't lost much weight yet but i am some what starting to see my face get leaner. After getting into a pretty big fight with my. boyfriend the other day i've been pretty down lately. I came into work today and saw a coworker i havent seen in two weeks. She looked at me and said "wow you look a lot thinner, your pants are basically hanging off of you!" It felt so amazing to hear that because she did't even know that I have been trying to lose weight. Also I'm starting to realize that this is a process I need to do for my self and no one else but me. I care too much about other people and its probably one of my weaknesses that I end up caring more about them than myself. So this next week is going to be all about me.

Replies

• arrawyn79
    arrawyn79 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    congrats on your co-worker's comments to you - it is such a boost to hear that, isn't it?! :). And YES, getting healthy/losing weight/ getting fit is something you need to do for YOURSELF and no one else (not a SO, not your family, not ANYONE. It's your body and your life you're living! :)). And it's just a bonus when other people recognize the good you are doing for yourself :D Keep up the great work! :flowerforyou:
  • gigibenton
    gigibenton Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That first nsv is always the best...and a great motivator:smile:
  • rebbiebear
    Options
    I think caring about others more than yourself is one of the main reasons people gain weight. It is easy to get caught up in all the drama and neglect yourself. Other times it is disguised as "treating yourself", but often it turns into "punishing yourself for other people's issues". After gaining 90 pounds in 10 years I've finally figured that much out about myself. A failing/failed marriage, single parenthood to a special needs kid, and a needy mother are not the real reason I gained weight. I gained weight because I did not take care of myself. So good for you to realize it is NOT about THEM.
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I bet that felt amazing!
  • SolarLibra
    Options
    That's just awesome, lady!!!!
  • raebels
    raebels Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Love those comments......nothing like some extra motivation to keep you going ;)
  • alliwithaneye
    alliwithaneye Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! :)
  • stagegoddess
    Options
    not sure what the NSV stands for (i'm new) but hooray!! keep it up
  • uwdawg07
    uwdawg07 Posts: 372
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Just had a similar revelation a moment ago. I wish I could tell the young me, "It's gonna be ok!" haha. Good luck! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!