what a disgrace some people are

Options
if you haven't heard, this young girls parents beat her because she is dating a black guy. it just makes my blood boil! i just feel so sorry for that couple.
i personally think they should have been jailed for much longer.

i don't know why she forgave them. i wouldn't!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2184351/David-Frances-Champion-Parents-jailed-battering-daughter-just-black-boyfriend.html

Replies

• alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    They know it's because once she goes black she'll never go back....

bad jokes aside, I don't care what the reason is, beating your child or anyone for that matter is completely unacceptable.
  • haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    Options
    don't know how anyone could hurt their own child. it's sick
  • britlocs
    britlocs Posts: 124
    Options
    ah lovely racism.
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I guarantee your life will be better if you avoid the Daily Mail.
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    2 words: Daily Mail
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter how advance we become as a civilization. If we do not learn to live with each other and accept all no matter what our race or creed this world will never be peaceful.
  • teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    In this day and age there shouldn't be any racism. Period. Blacks, whites, men women are ALL allowed to die for our freedom, so let them be free. As for the parents? Do unto others, in other words, let someone beat the h#ll out of them
  • Captian_Dathon
    Options
    It is sad. You know there are families that chose to pray for their sick kids instead of getting them 5$ antibiotics?! The kids died. It was a case brought to the state court. :( We still live in dark ages....
  • haylz247
    Options

haha i don't read it normally :)
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    2 words: Daily Mail

^^ this!
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options

bad jokes aside, I don't care what the reason is, beating your child or anyone for that matter is completely unacceptable.

total myth. i am proof. haha!

But seriously, that's ridiculous. It's hard to believe that even now that type of racism isn't just a thing of the past. I will say, as a teenager, my parents were not thrilled with the fact that my first real boyfriend in high school was black, but they didn't beat the crap out of me over it. It's just a skin color. Skin color doesn't define or make the person who they are.
  • alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    My father has said he would prefer me dating a man of color over a muslim, simply because our religions are so different. I think that's a fair opinion on his part-
  • haylz247
    Options
    i would love the world to be a peaceful place. i really don't want to bring kids into the world.
    just don't see the point in fighting. don't think it will ever change
  • Cathy_Daydreams
    Options

total myth. i am proof. haha!

But seriously, that's ridiculous. It's hard to believe that even now that type of racism isn't just a thing of the past. I will say, as a teenager, my parents were not thrilled with the fact that my first real boyfriend in high school was black, but they didn't beat the crap out of me over it. It's just a skin color. Skin color doesn't define or make the person who they are.

I totally agree with you here ... it's just so childish, I don't understand it therefore I don't like it and hate everyone who does like wth -.^ grow up.
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options

haha i don't read it normally :)

you're forgiven then :laugh:
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options

Totally.
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Sadly, prejudice is a LEARNED behavior.
  • MissShancey
    Options
    i havent spoken to any of my biological family members in 2 years because they dont approve of me dating black guys ...

in my mothers words “im not racist, its got nothing to do with skin colour i just feel like people should stay with people from the same country”

ya... same country .. her moms from Italy and her dads from ukraine and poland .. my dad is from Scotland ireland and england .. we are from canada and my sister married a dutch guy .. they have no problem with blonde hair blue eye him ...

also they “prefer if i would at least only bring home the lighter ones”

sorry mamma.. this chicka likes her men like she likes her coffee hot BLACK and with a little bit of sugar!
    the darker the berry she sweeter the juice

*they never beat me but when i was 16 my dad smashed my cell phone in to bits and said he wasn't paying for me to talk to n-words*
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    That is an awful thing, I know my husband was chased off more than once when he dated white girls and I am sure those girls got into trouble about it with their parents. Hopefylly not beaten but that was a possiblility. But that was 40 years ago when he was a young man. Things have changed, a lot, but obviously not enough.

Predudice is a terrible thing with terrible consequences.

We in the UK consider ourselves to be multicultural and on the whole we are a fairly tolerant society. Of course there is stil predudice. (I am married to a Jamaican and have seen it in action)

I used to believe that people who came to our country came here because they believed our way of life would offer a better quality of living than they had in their own countries, and that they were accepting even glad to be in a western society, but my view is changing and sadly for the worse. Below is an example of why.

A mother and father were jailed for life for killing their daughter in front of their other children. They said she had become too "Westernised" and had brought shame on their family. They live in Warrington, UK. It was nine years before justice caught up with them.

If the parents felt that strongly about westernisation, why are they living in a western country? Is it our benefit system? our national health system? our tolerance for other ways of life?

It is obviously not because they like or respect us as a people and that wounds me deeply. I have always believed that we should make people feel welcome in our country. But these parents came here despising our way of life so much they are willing to murder their own daughter because she was becoming too much like the peoples she is living among.

I know this is an extreme case and I am using it as an illustration that tolerance should work both ways, you live among people with a different culture, you must be prepared to accept that you or your family will be touched by that culture.
  • legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Some people are dilholes.