What worked for you?

Options
Hi everyone
I have tried almost every diet i can think every meal replacement i have been there. None of them fill you up or just give me a sore stomach overall and i end up starving. I know that you once your on them your going to have to start eating food anyway,
I have tried lite n easy since it was easy for me to just heat and eat and i did not have to count my calories but this came to be very expensive for me as i dont work.
I try to stick under my calories but since its so low i feel like i am starving.
I get a stomach ache from alot of foods like pasta and breads etc.
I hate seafood
I always have the urge to eat take out every friday since this is when my family gets take out.
I cant find the motivation to exercise anymore no matter how hard i try.
I feel like i have tried EVERYTHING and nothing seems to work for me i am sick of trying all these diets or saying i am on a diet.
I am not a big eater never have been so i would eat maybe 3 times a day but when i do its just random foods.
I really need advice and ideas pleaseeeeee.
I need to be on a 1200 calorie plan and i am 5foot

Replies

• CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Strength training 4x/week
    20 minutes of [extremely] light cardio once a week
    Cyclical/Standard Ketogenic Diet
  • Captian_Dathon
    Options
    When it comes to food what really helped me was realizing that eating all day long (small meals) was actually very bad. It was constantly expanding my stomach and I never felt full, and even long after stopping the many small meals I had problems. It'd hard to not eat for so many hours, but it allows the digestive process to finish and for your stomach to constrict again, and you will feel fuller, faster, and with less food.

But exercise helps a lot to. Whenever I exercise I feel 1000x more motivated to eat right so I don't "mess up" what I've already achieved for the day.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    1. Eat real food, not fake replacments.
    2. Eat less of it.
    3. You dont need to eat bread and pasta (have you examined whether you might have a gluten intolerance?)
    4. Protein foods like meat and cheese will keep you feeling fuller.
    5. Have your takeaway on friday night - but eat less of it.
    6. You dont need to eat sea food.
    7. Dont think of it as a diet, it's just the way you eat
    8. Plan ahead so that you're not just eating random foods.
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Removed
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    What you need is a workout plan. You can not go to the gym and say ok ill do shoulders today....(i use to do that) Also you need to make sure you are eating enough to support your weight loss and muscle gain. I do not believe that 1200 calories will do it. Try eating every two to three hours of something sensible with protein in it. Here is a workout plan I found that could be useful. Its catered to woman.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-introduction.html

Also I was stuck and what worked for me is doing some sort of cardio (running, walking, HIIT, biking etc) everyday for at least 20 mins.
  • hilarytwilary
    hilarytwilary Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Intermittent Fasting (IF)? You won't have to restrict calories on eating days, and then once or twice a week you fast, only consuming teas and water, or very minimal calories. It's supposed to have all kinds of benefits, and people adhere to it better than traditional calorie-reduced diets. Read more about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intermittent_fasting
  • lucysposaro
    lucysposaro Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your answers
    I don't have a gluten allergic proven by blood tests i thought i did the way i was reacting to alot of food.
    I found out i am highly allergic to mold which is in most foods.
    Being allergic to mold suggests to be vegan but i would rather not starve myself once again and can become expensive
    I need to eat on a low budget as i dont work and i got kids so makes it harder,
    I have not been tested for being lactose intolerant but i cant tolerate any type of dairy.
  • shyeban
    shyeban Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Maybe raise your calorie intake? I can't do 1200 calories a day and exercise. Not for long at least. Some days I do go under that, but my goal is a more realistic 1500. I'm still losing 1-2lbs a week.