Think ive cracked my weight loss problem

Options
2»

Replies

• DairByNature
    DairByNature Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    im 35 & recently went to have a heart scan as i have had open heart surgery 3 times in my life this was a heart condition from birth, but when i went for my heart scan they have recently introduced by seimens a brand new scan machine, seimens say that generally depending on age the txt book BPM should be anything between 60 & 70 BPM so ur not low by any means,
    how are you finding cutting down ur callories & using MFP ? i have found cutting down on the fat intake is much better & you see results more :heart:
  • jmhurley87
    Options
    Im not starving myself atall, im justeating lower calories that on other diets i been on.

breakfast

smoothie and fruit salad
    or
    porridge and fruit

Lunch

salad with tuna and sweetcorn

Dinner

pasta, sauce and small amount of cheese

I snack on fruit, cereal bars and drink lots

I exercise as much as i can, i walk alot with daughter ( she is 2 )
    i burn about 400calories a day on a lazy day lol, more if i can
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    70BPM is NOT that low by the way. A normal resting heart rate could be anywhere from 60 to 100. I am a student nurse, this is the first thing I got taught.

Also, a HRM is not a accurate device to calculate TDEE. I use a fitbit for that and youd be surprised at how much you really burn. Also "starving" yourself is not a great thing to do, its a wonder you are losing weight. Also saying you dont starve yourself is wrong because you burn about 400 on a "lazy day", you know you have to at least eat some of that back to be at a healthy deficit? :noway:
  • kazhowe
    kazhowe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LisaWilson2012
    LisaWilson2012 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    70 BPM for a lady between 30 and 40 is good but not below average. Mine ranges between 58 and 64 which for 33 is below average. If you were 84 years old and your BPM was 70, that would be low!