Juicing!

Options
I just recently found the miracle of juicing! Anyone else Juice or know some recipes? Have you ever tried a juice fast?

Replies

• MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Bumping because my juicer is on order -- I'm also interested in recipes, particularly ones for the leftover "pulp"!
  • csorenson22
    csorenson22 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would love to know more on this! My husband I have been talking about getting a juicer.
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Wow; with as many juicers on these boards as there are, I expected a flood of responses!
  • dice34
    dice34 Posts: 6
    Options
    I just typed in fresh squeezed apple juice and it came up in the database.
  • Mrsbrandnewmeslimandtrim
    Options
    bump
  • leska1216
    leska1216 Posts: 260
    Options
    I just got a juicer from my neighbour, and am very happy to have it. However, I have no idea on how to juice anything and what is juicable. Would love to get some recipes and tips.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Whenever I see these titles I think someone is talking about steroids.
  • MalloryCurrent
    MalloryCurrent Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I just got a juicer from my neighbour, and am very happy to have it. However, I have no idea on how to juice anything and what is juicable. Would love to get some recipes and tips.

Pretty much any fruit and veggie is juicable. So far my favorite is 2 apples 1 orange and a large carrot. Yumm. Veggie juices take some time to get used to but they are so healthy for you. Disguise the taste with oranges or apples. Pears are good to cover veggie taste too. For today I am making up my own juice and trying 1 cucumber, 1-2 cups spinach, 1 stalk of celery, one orange, 1 apple, blueberries, a pear and a large carrot. Lets keep our fingers crossed it turns out good haha. I really want to try some parsley and kale, just need to get to the store to buy them!
  • head_in_rainbows
    head_in_rainbows Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I really like beetroot juice as well as carrot juice. Beetroot is practicly unedible unless cooked and than it has very high glycemic index and is fattening just like cooked carrot. Juicing allowes to keep all teh health benefits of teh veg or fruit but eliminates the side effects of cooking it :) I lpove my juices a lot:)

Also carrot, cellery, apple one is delicious :)
  • missy_1975
    missy_1975 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Interesting documentary called Sick Fat and Nearly Dead (use the search function for tonnes of treads on it and juicing). The Reboot website does a 3 day, 5 day and longer plans: http://www.jointhereboot.com/

I did the 3 day one to support my husband and it was pretty tough. Do able, but tough. I'm now doing juicing as well as eating normal food. Weirdly I've begun to like the taste :noway: It's also pretty expensive and time consuming to prep them.

For people like my husband who have never tried to lose weight it's working really well, he has a juice for lunch, one for breakfast and a healthy dinner. The weight is melting off him. He plans to do it for a few weeks to kick start a healthy eating/exercise regime. I like to eat and train hard, so I'm eating more food than him, but still staying within my MFP calorie limits.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I like adding these all together: blueberries, apple slices, baby carrots, raw spinach, and a pear. YUM!