Deployed Military member

Options
I just joined the site with hopes to get a better idea of what I am eating each day. My job causes me to switch from days to nights 2-3 times a week and my body is struggling to keep up. I've just started the 30 day shred in hopes the short workout will be easier to fit into my hectic schedule. Could use all the help I can get!!

Replies

• marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    First, thank you for your service!

Second, good for you for trying to keep track of it! I know when my husband was deployed, he had a crazy schedule and I KNOW he didn't care about what or how much he was eating. LOL

Third, I loved the 30 day shred and hopefully you do too! It should fit nicely into a busy schedule. I used it when I first began working out at home. It was easy to fit in before the kids woke up in the morning or even with them running around the house like crazy. ;)
  • jesterx888
    jesterx888 Posts: 181
    Options
    Welcome! Be Safe
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your service. Without people like you, we wouldn't enjoy what we have today.
    Good luck on the 30 Day Shred. I know jumping back and forth between shifts and constantly changing schedules is crazy, but this is a great way to stay active and keep fit. Just don't forget to make the time.
    Good luck and stay safe.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Good luck! This site has been helpful to me on night shift but it's a little complicated keeping track of what I eat on MY day vs the calendar day. but overall it helps for weekly totals.
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU!!!
  • lilgemforgets
    Options
    It is so hard when you are away from home, and working crazy hours! I have just always tried to keep my eating scedule the same be in day or night. It may be boring to eat the same old things but at least you know where you stand! Good luck and keep going!
  • goodisnotgoodenough
    Options
    Hi! I'm sure it is incredibly hard to think about what you are eating when deployed. I've actually just joined to get a hold on my emotional eating while my husband is deployed! Good luck and stay safe!!
  • Brooke_26
    Brooke_26 Posts: 204
    Options
    Hi, I just want to say a big thank you for your service to our country!! (words cannot thank you enough!!).

Congrats on starting the 30 day shred, I've heard great things about that workout.you can do it!!

Feel free to add me :-)
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Good luck and stay safe, you are very impressive.
  • ShellySwickSmall57
    Options
    My hubby is 22 yrs ARMY retired,,,,thank you for your service,,,:smile:
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Thank you for serving. I too have heard good things about the 30 day shred.

In coming from a job where i would switch days and nights similar to yours, i think something like 30ds will help a lot. I know regular exercise helped when i was constantly switching shifts. If you're looking for some friends and support feel free to add me.
  • smotsay
    smotsay Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey it's Steph! I didn't know you were doing this too. Let's be friends and get through the rest of this deployment together! Hope to see you again soon :)
  • Gingeeee
    Gingeeee Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the site. I think you made a good choice using fitness pal. It helps me track everything I eat and I have lost 35lbs using this site. My son is in the Army in Afganistan right now. He retires next year so this is his last tour. He has been 4 times and everytime he goes I worry. My husband is retired Air Force so I am familiar with how hectic the schedule for work can be. I hope you have alot of success with this site as I have. You get use to logging on and recording your food after awhile. Be honest and stick with it, it will work for you. Where are you deployed right now? I am proud of all the men and women who defend our country and I truly appreciate all the sacrifices they and their families make everyday. I wish you luck with losing your weight and you military career. I would love to be a friend to you on this site if you are interested.
  • snowmaniac
    snowmaniac Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    30DS is a great workout packed into about 25 minutes. I think you'll be happy with the program. Feel free to add me as a friend. Thanks for your service!
  • Cassie8877
    Cassie8877 Posts: 177
    Options
    hey guys im just trying to figure out how to join this deployed military member group... because it wont let me reply to any ones message boards
  • heysarge13
    heysarge13 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Im currently on my second deployment. The first one didn't allow any time for exercise due to our mission tempo. However this go around i find myself behind a desk or in meetings and working god awful hours. so there is no consistancy in my days. I do make time 5-6 days a week to get at least 1 hr exercise. But the food choices are killing me!
  • heysarge13
    heysarge13 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Cassie8877... whats the group name?