Sleep and Coffee

Options
ndblades
ndblades Posts: 233 Member
Curiosity Question - how many hours of sleep do you average at night, and how many cups of coffee do you drink throughout the day?

I average 6 hours of sleep (8 on the weekends), and drink about 2-3 cups per day.

Replies

• Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Sounds about the same as me. 6 hours sleep, 2 cups of coffee :)

I'm grumy and dopey and sleepy and a bunch of other dwarves without those. :)
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    On the mornings i workout, i'll get about 6 hours, and on my rest days i get 7. As far as coffee goes, i drink two cups in the morning, and that's my caffeine intake for the day.
  • jad54
    jad54 Posts: 192
    Options
    6-7 hours of sleep per night and roughly 16-20oz of coffee per day.
  • beckydunks
    beckydunks Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It generally goes on your age on how much sleep you need, i only have one cup of coffee in a morning
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    1 cup of coffee 4 days a week, 5 hrs sleep but I have my odd 12 hour hibernation.

Lately 5 cups of coffee and 4 hours sleep since it's exam time.

Hibernation time in t minus 7 hours. Hopefully with bf or snuggly animal of some sort (I have a cat who's fluffy and scratchy, he has a dog that's cuddly and boney).
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    6-7 hours of sleep, 5-6 cups of coffee. I don't see them as being related.
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    2 cups most days, sleep 7-8 hours
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I sleep about 6 hours too (on a good night) and I drink 1 energy drink.. No coffee here. My hubby drinks black coffee every morning but I don't like the taste of it plain. I'd rather have a french vanilla.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Around 5 hours for sleep. Usually 1 cup of coffee in the morning, when I zm at work.
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    5 to 7 hours of sleep & 1 to 2 cups of coffee. Way down from 4 or 5 cups last year.
  • tishajo
    tishajo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm not really a coffee drinker. Somtimes I'll grab a tall skinny caramel frap from Starbucks but that's not really coffee, right? :tongue: On the weekdays I average about 6-7 hours of sleep every night. On the weekends it's closer to 8 hours each night. Depends on my 2 year old son. Some mornings he rises before the sun.
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    6-9 hours of sleep (most often 7-7.5), and 2-4 cups of coffee, for many years. Used to drink a lot more coffee and sleep less, but a kidney stone changed that habit fairly quickly.

If you're interested about sources of caffeine more generally, I also have a pre-workout drink that has as much caffeine as coffee... I have to be careful not to take that too late in the day or I have trouble sleeping.
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I usually get between 7-9 hours of sleep a night and I drink about 3-4 cups of coffee a day.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I sleep 8 hours at night, straight through without waking up and I drink 1 cup of coffee per week from the cafe at church on Sunday's.

I USED to drink 4-5 cups per day but I gave it up a few months ago. I wasn't sleeping, loosing weight (I'd fill up on coffee and not eat) and was a raging beyotch from being so jacked up on coffee to cover up exhaustion all of the time. I traded it for 1 mug of hot tea in the morning and I've been fine since. I love coffee but it's super addictive to me.
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Right about 7-8hrs of sleep and 1-2 cups only in the morning.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    8 hours during the week and 9 hours on the weekends and 1 cup of coffee in the mornings.
  • ndblades
    ndblades Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I sleep 8 hours at night, straight through without waking up and I drink 1 cup of coffee per week from the cafe at church on Sunday's.

I USED to drink 4-5 cups per day but I gave it up a few months ago. I wasn't sleeping, loosing weight (I'd fill up on coffee and not eat) and was a raging beyotch from being so jacked up on coffee to cover up exhaustion all of the time. I traded it for 1 mug of hot tea in the morning and I've been fine since. I love coffee but it's super addictive to me.

I like that -- 8 hours "straight through". Spoken like a mom!
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I sleep 7-8 hours on a good night, 4-5 on a bad night(like I get caught up in a book or movie and can't turn off the tv or the 2yo won't sleep). About 2 cups of coffee every morning. That's it for caffeine, unless I'm desperate.

I am always tired though...doesn't matter how much I sleep!
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I try for 7 but lately my body says 6...and two cups. one first thing in the morning and one about 3pm.