Weight loss after Zoloft

Options
Hi!
I am only 22 and went on zoloft for roughly 6 months. I have gained almost 30 pounds!! I noticed the weight loss and came off of it immediately. I was told to wait a month to see some weight loss. I have been dieting and working out more than I have in my entire life and yet I am still gaining. It has been 2 months since I have been off of the Zoloft, so I am getting frusturated. I saw a few doctors and all of them agree its a big weight gain in a short amount of time and they do not think it is from the Zoloft. I am not getting any answers and the weight is not coming off. I am getting extremely discouraged and have tried everything. This is a last resort!
Any reccommendations would be great.

Replies

• jtslim42
    jtslim42 Posts: 240
    Options
    Don't get discouraged. You will lose the weight, it may just take some time. Give your body a chance for your hormones to regulate now that you are no longer taking the medication.
    I had the same issue and my personal trainer told me to wait 6 months and sure enough, after 6 months the weight started coming off. Now I try very hard to not take ANY medications if there might be other alternatives.
    Don't give up! you WILL do it:smile:
  • Bambz90
    Bambz90 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you so much for your response! I have been reading blogs and some people say it takes even 8 months. I am unhappy that I have to wait so long- it feels like all the work I am putting in now is useless. Hopefully time will pass fast. Thanks again :)