Am I on the right track?

Options
I was hoping to get some advice from all my fellow MFP buddies.

I started exercising and healthy eating as from Monday 30th July 2012.

In a short space of time I have become addicted to working out. I have done it every day since I started for about an hour each day (sometimes slightly more, sometimes slightly less). My exercise involves Wii Zumba at an intermediate level or running / walking / sprinting, this also includes some inclines.

I want to lose about 30 pounds and also tone up. Am I going the right about this, what else should I be doing and should I be exercising every day?

Any advice would be appreciated

xx

Replies

• virgocoley
    virgocoley Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Anybody out there???
  • Assassins_Angel
    Options
    I think the only advice I can give you is just don't over do it, and make sure you eat enough before hand to fuel those workouts :) but if you are able to handle that much exercise then well done!

I tend to do Zumba 4 times a week for about an hour using the DVD's I also have a Gazelle Gravity walker that I can use if I get bored of Zumba :)
    Though I haven't lost any weight myself I'm still trial and error atm haha
  • julesribar
    julesribar Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you are doing everything right! Good for you.....from what I hear from people, make sure you are making up for the calories you lose from excersising. Good luck!
  • divinenanny
    divinenanny Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I would research the importance of rest. I don't know enough about it to explain it here, but from what I gather, exercise is more effective if you also rest every now and then (a day without exercise). Maybe somebody else can explain more.
  • CHN_
    CHN_ Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Just stick with it!! And log your food religiously, even if you have a bad day. I hate logging if I grab some ice cream or even chocolate, but I still do it. And if you have a bad day, don't panic, cause one day will not ruin everything.

As for working out, go with what works best for you. Zumba is a good workout, as it running/walking. Perhaps look into adding some strength as well. I started with Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, which I did about three times a week on top of my other exercise (gym training with crosstrainer/elliptical and strength) and I am going down slow and steady as I want to.

As for eating back your exercise calories, some do it, some don't. I rarely eat them all back, but I always try to net at least 1100 a day, and usually will try to net over 1200. I have found this works for me.

Hope this helps a little.