Gym for six weeks, will i see results results?

Options
Hello,

So I'm finding it hard to lose weight, again. I go on holiday six weeks on Friday and i could desperately do with shedding some of this weight that keeps attaching itself to me. I have found this six week membership at my local gym which includes meeting with a personal trainer six times. Do you think with a bit of effort and a healthy diet that i could shed over a stone in these six weeks or am i aiming too high?

Height : 5'10
Weight : 11st 7lbs

Replies

• Maldivesbeachbodplease
    Options
    Hello,

So I'm finding it hard to lose weight, again. I go on holiday six weeks on Friday and i could desperately do with shedding some of this weight that keeps attaching itself to me. I have found this six week membership at my local gym which includes meeting with a personal trainer six times. Do you think with a bit of effort and a healthy diet that i could shed over a stone in these six weeks or am i aiming too high?

Height : 5'10
    Weight : 11st 7lbs

I'm aiming for the same!! i plan on low carbing it and exercising as much as i possibly can! good luck! xxx
  • abbylg1983
    abbylg1983 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    That's a little over two pounds a week, and, if I calculated correctly, you are already in the normal range of weight for your height, so honestly, losing that quickly and consistently might be tough.

What are your eating habits like now? If you don't eat the best, you might find a pretty dramatic weight loss initially if you switch to only lean proteins and vegetables, but of course that is not all going to be fat loss. Still, it's always encouraging to see the scale go down.

Even if you can't lose all the weight in 6 weeks, I think there is enough time for a noticeable difference, especially since you are employing a personal trainer.

Good luck! I wish I had the time and money for a personal trainer!
  • IngaRobertsdottir
    IngaRobertsdottir Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes you can! Find the group here called IF or read Eat Stop Eat (you can google it), my kilograms are litterally melting off!
  • Lumett
    Lumett Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You won't lose a stone

Your height and weight means that you are probably not massively overweight, therefore with the proper diet etc you will lose bodyfat and gain some muscle mass if you exercise properly, i'd go as far to say though as I would pretty much gaurentee someone of your height and weight will not lose a stone in 6 weeks mate, but dont be disheartened after 6 weeks, keep going, don't over do it and the fat will drop of like butter and you'll shred up
  • Louttie
    Louttie Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies everyone! i thought losing a stone might be a bit ambitious, shouldn't of left it so late. I get so disheartened when i don't lose weight quickly :( I will have to take some before and after pictures every few weeks to keep myself motivated.
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Have the personal trainer teach you how to lift and you can pop some muscles in six weeks.
  • theresmynapkin
    theresmynapkin Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Along with what everyone else said, if you're not used to working out, then you will probably actually gain some muscle and lose some fat, but the number on the scale will go up even though you may slim down a bit. :)
  • ScubyUK
    ScubyUK Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Don't concentrate on the scale to measure your success. Work out, eat right and take measurements, have a tape measure be your primary source of progress.
  • Louttie
    Options
    I really need to invest in a tape measure! I go on my scales twice a day, addicted!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    You are already at a normal weight for your height. The chances of losing over 28 lbs in the next six weeks, while it may be doable if you starve yourself, it won't be healthy and you would compromise your muscle mass and metabolism.

If I had six weeks to go, I'd be working on a hard-core strength program. I would work on dropping size not dropping weight.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Take a pile of photos before, eat right and exercise, and then a pile of photos after, and you might LOOK like lost 14 pounds in six weeks, when you really only lost about 5.
  • fasttrack27
    Options
    Don't concentrate on the scale to measure your success. Work out, eat right and take measurements, have a tape measure be your primary source of progress.
    Good advice! ^

I had to think twice and try not to laugh though....As a guy in the U.S., I read 'lose a stone' and took that an entirely different way - like, being taken out of the gene pool indefinately...LOL. Sorry...
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Good advice! ^

I had to think twice and try not to laugh though....As a guy in the U.S., I read 'lose a stone' and took that an entirely different way - like, being taken out of the gene pool indefinately...LOL. Sorry...

I hear ya buddy...as an American all I could think about was passing a stone when I saw the comments. Damn our ignorance.
  • Louttie
    Options
    Take a pile of photos before, eat right and exercise, and then a pile of photos after, and you might LOOK like lost 14 pounds in six weeks, when you really only lost about 5.

I will definitely keep this in mind. I'm going to chuck my scales away tonight to stop me getting so disheartened from not losing weight quick enough.