Motivation to exercise!!!!

Options
Does anyone have any good suggestions to help me with exercising. I'm so bad when it comes to this. We have a Wii so I was thinking about getting the fitness game. Any thoughts or suggestions????

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    The best thing to do is find something you enjoy.
  • Laurie1267
    Laurie1267 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love Zumba for the Wii! It's a great workout and you can choose between three levels of intensity and time (20 min, 40 min and one hour choices)
  • kelli1001
    Options
    If I am really not in the mood to work out I will take a walk or put on my favourite CD and dance 4 or 5 songs, which equals about 20 minutes. But for me the motivation to exercise is the results, no pain no gain... keep at it!!:flowerforyou:
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Get an HRM! Its great motivation to see how many calories you burn!!!! ;-)
  • kristendaae1227
    Options
    Exercising is like going to work...you really don't want to but you know you have to.
  • MrsAFR
    MrsAFR Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I like that I can eat more if I exercise
  • MelB124
    MelB124 Posts: 6
    Options
    I love my Wii and I bought The Black eyed peas experience. It's a dance game. I LOVE IT!!!!! It gets me moving and I burn a ton of calories in 60 mins according to my HRM. I also think a heart rate monitor is a good idea. My friend convinced me to get on and I did. I love knowing it's counting my calories burned and watching my heart rate. I was going to originally just walk 2 miles a day until I could run it but I didn't really like doing that. :( I'm very happy with dancing and I dance everyday but Sunday and feel like it's really working. I hope this helps. I also like doing Wii boxing! It's fun and is how I lost some of my weight when I first started MFP.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Exercising is like going to work...you really don't want to but you know you have to.

It's this exactly.
  • stellyna
    stellyna Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Here are my thoughts on the ones I have tried:

Wii Fit Plus: This is a great way to keep track of your weight, calories and progress made. It is a pretty simple program to start out with, also you get the Wii balance board when you buy the whole game (they sell the game separately, but know you need the board for this)

Zumba: This is a great game, but to me it was a little more advanced. Plus the remote kept falling out of the little belt thingee.

The Biggest Loser Challenge: I liked this, but it got a little annoying with the exercise changes and dealing with the controllers. I much prefer it on the x-box connect.

EA Sports Active 2: My favorite, I actually lost 16 lbs doing this work out religiously. This is an excellent step up after the Wii Fit plus.

Gold's Gym Cardio Workout: This has a lot of boxing, jumping and such. I thoroughly enjoy it when I have the space for it. :)

Just Dance 3: I know this is not an actual fitness program, but it is very good at getting your cardio going, and it is just fun!

These are the ones I can remember off the top of my head. If you have any questions fell free to add me. :)
  • Tina0928
    Options
    I will have to try the Zumba. It does look like a great work out....
  • Tina0928
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the great ideas....:bigsmile:
  • Midnight1210
    Midnight1210 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    The trick is finding an exercise that you can enjoy doing and doesn't feel like a chore, so a game like Zumba for Wii or what I use - the older Dance Dance Revolution games for Playstation 2 and XBOX are absolutely perfect. If I use a machine like my elliptical, just using music alone sometimes doesn't help keep my mind off what I'm doing so I pull the thing in front of the tv, pop in a movie and I'm distracted for an hour or so. 8 )

Just be careful about the earned back calories you get from exercise. I know I sometimes want to eat them because they feel like a reward - but when you think about it they are almost a trap. You work so hard to burn them off, eating them all back may not be the best idea unless you have major calorie deficit in your meals for the day. I paid close attention to the food diary and if it tells me that I'm eating too few calories, I try to bring the number up just a little more. 8 )
  • LeesieLuLu88
    LeesieLuLu88 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My favorite exercise right now is Tae Bo! I'm doing Billy's Bootcamp:Ultimate Bootcamp. It's fun and burns alot of calories :o)
  • mferris11
    Options
    I love Wii EA sports Active. You can set up a 30 day challenge.