New here! Hello :)

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Lorraine. This is my first attempt at counting calories, and into day 2, I am slightly shocked at how my caloric count is mounting. With the guidelines in place, I am scared to know how much I had been consuming before. I have all but given up on ever losing weight. I was diagnosed with PCOS over 4 years ago and knew that my battle would be tougher. I have about 150 lbs. to lose, and honestly I will be happy with any weight loss because I only know that I am capable of gaining weight--losing weight seems like some far off fantasy. But I am trying because I am 29 with lots of life to live, and I want it to be the life I imagine. I've never dieted before, and my weight is out of control. At 309, I want to lose weight for my health, my life, and my family. I look forward to sharing my joys and struggles with you all.

Replies

• laura4smith
    laura4smith Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    ... But I am trying because I am 29 with lots of life to live, and I want it to be the life I imagine. I've never dieted before, and my weight is out of control. At 309, I want to lose weight for my health, my life, and my family. I look forward to sharing my joys and struggles with you all.

Amen!

BTW, what is PCOS?
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Hi.
  • EspressoMuch
    Options
    PCOS is polycystic ovarian syndrome
  • MadMooseGirl
    Options
    Hi Lorraine, I am also on a similar journey to you with about the same to lose if not more, but more determined than ever to succeed. I also have PCOS, was DX 7 years ago now and I am a Type 2 Diabetic. It would be great to support each other on the journey. I am 35 but hoping next year to make big changes to my life in terms of going back to study, and I need to weigh less and improve my fitness levels!
  • EspressoMuch
    Options
    I'll take all the weight loss friends I can get. :)
  • MadMooseGirl
    Options
    I'll take all the weight loss friends I can get. :)

Here's to a new friendship... now I am off to slave my way at the gym, or die!
  • julesribar
    julesribar Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi Lorraine! I started about 3 weeks ago so I too am a newbie. You took the first step so way to go! :flowerforyou:
  • Sharon_73
    Sharon_73 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am new here as well but I have quickly discovered that this is an wonderfuly supportive community! Everyone seems to be very supportive and that is great motivation. Please feel free to add my to your friends! I can relate to PCOS It is not fun at all!

Good luck to you!

Sharon
  • ahelsel1970
    ahelsel1970 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

The best advice I can give is to take one day or even one hour at a time and just say "I will do my best right now" dont think about it any further. More later if you want it. I am a personal coach.
    Austin
  • slimsdown
    slimsdown Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    welcome x
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Hi Lorraine! I'm new here too! I need all the weight loss friends I can get too!! :smile:
  • 041jackson
    041jackson Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Congratulations on taking the first step! I also had the same problem - if you look at my first day of food recording (I hadn't started dieting, just wrote down what I ate that day) it is a little bit over the top!

I hope we can encourage each other and both reach our goals!

Kaitie
  • marthaansheehan
    Options
    Hello: I know you can do this just remember one day at a time.
  • Boles2011
    Boles2011 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just joined today! I have a long way to go and I lok forward to getting to know people on the board. Have a great day!!!:flowerforyou:
  • rawebe
    rawebe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I will offer any support that I can. Please feel free to friend me. I have about 100 more to lose. You can and will do this!
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    HI Lorraine!
    Welcome. And good luck to you on this journey :bigsmile:
  • sunrize_sc
    sunrize_sc Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I think most of us are shocked at our previous calorie consumption. The is a great site. Welcome!! Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • MissKTMc
    MissKTMc Posts: 49
    Options
    Hey, anybody can feel free to add me!! I'm an exercise scientist so I give good, reliable advice!! :)
  • sarakarolina18
    sarakarolina18 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday. I have tried EVERYTHING (except Bernstein) I also have 150 pounds to lose. Lets do it together!!
  • unkeptwalnut83
    unkeptwalnut83 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It is definitely scary to see how I was eating. But we can do out best for right now, for today, and then tomorrow make the same commitment. We are all making investments in ourselves for the future. I try to think of it that way when things are difficult, when I don't want to get up and work out or when I want to eat everything in the world. Doesn't always work, but I try.
    Feel free to add me as well.