5 pounds in 3 days?

Options
Hello guys
I've read that a healthy weight loss per week is 2 max. I plan on working out 6 days a week, but it's only been 3 and I've lost 5 pounds?!
Of course I'm happy, but I want to know if it is healthy.

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    you are losing water weight .........when i 1st started i lost 10 pounds .... as you go on this weight loss journey you wont be losing alot at once
  • majasmi
    majasmi Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    this depends on how heavy you are. the bigger you are the more weight you will lose per week. if you just started working out, you will lose a lot of weight during the first few weeks. then it will stabilize to probably around 2-3 pounds per week or so i guess.
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I always lose a lot the first two weeks and then level off.
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    When I first started on this website watching my calorie count, eating healthier and exercising the scale was down by 6lbs in 5 days. Most of it probably water weight and then after that it was about 2 lbs a week from there and then slower after that. I think its normal.
  • PattyTheUndefeated
    PattyTheUndefeated Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    When I first started, I was losing an average of one to two pounds a day. I managed to keep that up for about two weeks but it eventually tapered off to about 2 to 4 pounds a week. I don't think it's water weight, but I do think it's your body reacting to exercise and diet it's not used to. And the heavier you are, the more you lose when you start because fat is the readiest amount of energy available in your body. As your body get's more efficient, it will rely on your body fat less, and that's why the weight loss will taper off.
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    this is my first week and I have not even started working out really....this is just by diet only

I LOST 11 POUNDS IN 7 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ComputerNerd
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies and info.

Good Luck to you guys :D
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Yeah it sucks.....the more you have to lose the larger deficits you see for the first few weeks. I get discouraged sometimes when I see people say they lost 5 pounds their first week and I'm lucky if I lose one.:sad:
  • sdirks
    sdirks Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Totally normal, especially for men. :mad:

My boyfriend cut out smoking, fast food and soda and lost 18lbs in a month. No change to exercise what-so-ever. But losing that much weight gave him so much more energy that he WANTED to work out! (that was a first for my little former couch potato) Something to look forward to!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    That's pretty typical. Your body is in a bit of a shock. Eating correctly is 80% of losing weight so that's not suprising either.