PLEASE add me:) New & needing support & encouragement

Options
Hi- I joined a while ago but just started using this site yesterday! I have been struggling with my weight for over 20 years without success. I figured that it may be easier to stay on track if I communicated with others facing the same challenges. I need to lose over 150lbs to reach my healthy weight for my height. At 37, I need to be dedicated to this weight loss to enjoy the rest of my life to the fullest. I'm currently completing the requirements for Vertical Sleeve surgery to help me achieve my goals. I don't think that this surgery is the answer & I've tried to avoid it in the past. Now I feel it is a necessary tool to help get me healthier & avoid future health issues. Please feel free to add me if you need support and/or can offer some encouragement! Looking forward to this journey - thanks:)

Replies

• leanne9876
    leanne9876 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, I sent you a friend request.
    I try to come on every day, I'm looking for friends to help support and motivate each other.
  • summer_cici
    summer_cici Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi Leanne and Xiola511 ... I'd like to add you both, if that's okay? I'm looking for friends on here too! x
  • workkoutchick96
    Options
    Hey guys :) feel free to add me, im always here and willing to listen!
  • RunningGirl4God
    RunningGirl4God Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend if you like! I am a strong fan of encouragement.
  • andream66
    Options
    Hi!
    I am in the same situation as you, except I am 46 and had all of my kids via c-section so I have the surgery belly on top of it. I suffer from depression too so throw it all together and you get STRESS and over eating! :)
    I spoke with a dietician through my work and she recommended this site to help me track everything since nothing has really worked for me in the past. I am eager to succeed!!! We can do this together!!! :)
    My biggest thing is getting my butt motivated and moving! I have a sit on my butt job that is high stress so getting out to exercise is a fight for me...have to get MOTIVATED! :)
    Thanks for reaching out to me! Looking forward to talking to you again soon!
  • giftogab
    giftogab Posts: 29
    Options
    We all have goals to reach and Im sure everyone needs a boost of confidence every now and then. feel free to add me as well. good luck to everyone and keep up the good work. remember the only challenger is YOU. dont worry so much about what everyone else is doing. do what YOU can and achieve what YOU want to.
  • NatsukoG
    NatsukoG Posts: 104
    Options
    Hi folks
    Please feel free to add me. I'm about 3/4 of the way through my weightloss journey and know how hard it is ...AND how rewarding it is. Happy to support you all.
    N x