Microdermal Piercings

Options
PaleoPath4Lyfe
PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
Tell me about your experiences.................. I want to get a small, medium and large microdermal done on my chest area and want to know what I am getting myself into. I am not new to piercings or tattoos.

I just got my 9th tattoo started yesterday.

Did it hurt?

How long did it take to heal?

Have you had any issues with it?

Replies

• PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Tell me about your experiences.................. I want to get a small, medium and large microdermal done on my chest area and want to know what I am getting myself into. I am not new to piercings or tattoos.

Did it hurt?

I haven't had a micro. I had three skindivers put around my right eye though. Have you looked into skindivers? They are less invasve then the micros.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options

Did it hurt?

I haven't had a micro. I had three skindivers put around my right eye though. Have you looked into skindivers? They are less invasve then the micros.

Have not heard of it until now........
  • PBsMommy
    Options

Did it hurt?

They main differences are:
    With most micros you can screw the tops off and change colors. Skin divers you can not, what color you put in is what color your stuck with.

I know in my area it is harder to find someone to do a skin diver verses a micro.

The healing time is uaually a little shorter for a skin diver, but you have to keep a closer eye on it, because they have a slightly higher new rejection rate. But usually if you make it past two weeks, skin divers are there to stay. ( Of my three, the one in the crease of my eye came out after a wild party night. I beleive I got hit in the head with a road sign, dont recall that well. after that one came out, I removed the one above my eye myself, because the two looked retarted. Three and a half years later I still have my bottom one. )

Skin divers are a less invasive.

They look just about the same. I will try and attemp to load a pic in just a second. I know my step mom had three placed in her chest and they look great.
  • Candy_monster
    Options
    Hey :)

I had two microdermals, one under each collar bone, and they take a LOT of healing. Mine took about 2 months to "heal" but they were never brilliant.

Also they migrate easily, one of mine started to migrate so I had it removed an replaced a couple of months later. Then the other started to migrate so I had that removed.... then the one i'd already had replaced got yanked a little (you gotta be real careful with them pretty much 24/7) and I ended up removing that one myself.

Yeah so anyway, they look pretty around your chest area but they really do take some maintaining, and it's expensive getting them removed and replaced every time one of them gets unhappy :P
  • PBsMommy
    Options
    29261_126942720664216_374743_n.jpg

I hope that works.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options

Did it hurt?

They main differences are:
    With most micros you can screw the tops off and change colors. Skin divers you can not, what color you put in is what color your stuck with.

I know in my area it is harder to find someone to do a skin diver verses a micro.

The healing time is uaually a little shorter for a skin diver, but you have to keep a closer eye on it, because they have a slightly higher new rejection rate. But usually if you make it past two weeks, skin divers are there to stay. ( Of my three, the one in the crease of my eye came out after a wild party night. I beleive I got hit in the head with a road sign, dont recall that well. after that one came out, I removed the one above my eye myself, because the two looked retarted. Three and a half years later I still have my bottom one. )

Skin divers are a less invasive.

They look just about the same. I will try and attemp to load a pic in just a second. I know my step mom had three placed in her chest and they look great.

I was looking on Google and I see that they are very similar. I love the look of both and as you mentioned, you can't tell the difference between the two really.
  • PBsMommy
    Options
    Oh my! Two months?! I didn't micros took that long. I am so glad I opted for the skin divers instead then. The were only sore and red for about three days and two weeks top those puppies were happy as could be!

They didn't hurt that bad either. They took this screw driver looking tool and poked me with it, then placed the skin diver in there. They costed me $40 a pop, including jewlery, so $120. It hurt less than my nose piercing.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    Hey :)

I had two microdermals, one under each collar bone, and they take a LOT of healing. Mine took about 2 months to "heal" but they were never brilliant.

Also they migrate easily, one of mine started to migrate so I had it removed an replaced a couple of months later. Then the other started to migrate so I had that removed.... then the one i'd already had replaced got yanked a little (you gotta be real careful with them pretty much 24/7) and I ended up removing that one myself.

Yeah so anyway, they look pretty around your chest area but they really do take some maintaining, and it's expensive getting them removed and replaced every time one of them gets unhappy :P

Thanks.

My piercer says they are easy peasy............that is why I wanted to get another opinion before I started spending money on something that might become wasted.
  • krissyliz78
    krissyliz78 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I got my dermal in the exact same spot you want. It hurt like hell BUT it only took 2 weeks to heal.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I have bird tattoos on my chest as well, right under my collarbone, I've been wanting to get dermals done for their eyes. I've been nervous about it, (and broke) but I dunno. I hear they really never fully heal and hurt like a ***** to get done. Honestly though, the pain doesn't matter much to me, it's the healing. I have my little kids, trying to have another baby, and have a bunch of cats, i'm afraid of getting one snagged on something like I did when I had nipple rings... I'm scarred for life of piercings after nearly puling one of those out LOL
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I heard that if it's close to your bone your body can reject it. This bit of information was from a guy who was tattooed and pierced up the wazoo so I kinda trusted his response.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    I got my dermal in the exact same spot you want. It hurt like hell BUT it only took 2 weeks to heal.

Yes, it is so damn sexy!!!

My piercer said it takes anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months to heal............depending on your particular body.
  • krissyliz78
    krissyliz78 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Ive had mine for 4 years and my body never rejected it. My only nightmare story is when Im in the shower i rub my loofa sponge across it alot (on accident) and it gets snagged. But like they say...PAIN IS BEAUTY and BEAUTY IS PAIN!!!
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Ive had mine for 4 years and my body never rejected it. My only nightmare story is when Im in the shower i rub my loofa sponge across it alot (on accident) and it gets snagged. But like they say...PAIN IS BEAUTY and BEAUTY IS PAIN!!!

that's exactly what happened with my nipple rings!! The loofah!! It snagged and ripped OUCH.. it never healed after that, so I took it out, then it just looked really dumb with just one in =(
    My body rejected eyebrow rings though, but I've had a ton of other piercings as well. Nose, tongue, ears a million times, industrial, belly button (before I got fat LOL). Since turning 18, I'm more of a tattoo person =)
  • AlaskaLily
    Options
    i have tons of tats, guaged ears, nipples pierced. i think body art and piercings are amazing and unique! HOWEVER, i have seen 2 nasty outcomes of the dermal type piercings so far, and a handful of successful placements. personally, it doesn't interest me and after seeing what happens when they get ripped out by accident, or when one gets infected (and involves a hospital visit), i'm 100% turned off. BUT, rock it if you want it...I think it looks great as parts of tattoos, etc.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options

that's exactly what happened with my nipple rings!! The loofah!! It snagged and ripped OUCH.. it never healed after that, so I took it out, then it just looked really dumb with just one in =(
    My body rejected eyebrow rings though, but I've had a ton of other piercings as well. Nose, tongue, ears a million times, industrial, belly button (before I got fat LOL). Since turning 18, I'm more of a tattoo person =)

Right now I have a VCH and HCH piercing, both tragus, double lobe pierced, left cartlidge, nose, and conch piercing on both sides.

I have 9 tattoos.

I had my eyebrow and nipples done, but I took them out because my husband didn't like either one of them. I had them in for about a year and he never liked them. So, we compromised.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    Got it done.

piercing.jpg