Eat to Live

Options
I have recently heard about the Eat to Live Diet. Any feedback or opinions on the diet?

Replies

• cjc166
    cjc166 Posts: 222
    Options
    I've been doing it 5 weeks and have lost 22 lbs since I started ETL. I feel great and I'm only hungry at meal-time. The first couple days are tough, and I felt a little weird (gassy) for about 2 or 3 weeks due to the high fiber intake, but now it's smooth sailing. The most satisfying thing for me is knowing that I can eat as much as I need at mealtime and do not feel deprived. Also, not having to count calories is a big plus.
  • darbarnes
    Options
    (Eat To Live) I've read his book and thought it would maybe work for me, but wondered if there was enough protein eating that way??? Do you track your protein and can you give me a quick idea of what your meals look like for a day? I'd reallly appreciate that.
  • cjc166
    cjc166 Posts: 222
    Options
    I get about 60 g protein per day, which is within a few grams of the recommendation. So yes, plenty of protein. Also, in thinking about protein, remember a gorilla (very genetically similar to us) eats hardly any animal products and becomes huge and muscular eating mostly leafy greens.

Sample meals:

Breakfast:
    Blueberries - 1 cup
    Banana - 1 large
    Oatmeal - 1 cup
    Walnuts - 1/4 cup

Lunch:
    Baby Spinach (raw) - 3 cups
    Bean Salad - 2 cups
    Apple

Dinner:
    Ratatoullie (a very large serving)