When you hit a wall and cant loose weight anymore?

Options
WHAT DO I DO?
Ive lost weight, gained weight, lost weight and gained it again, ect. but I always hit that point where I cant loose anymore and its been three weeks, I dont know what to do anymore. any advice?

Replies

• HisShadow
    HisShadow Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've been plateaued since the beginning of July. I really basically just intend to stick with the program as best I can. July & August I have had, and will have, lots of opportunities to gain weight. I'm just hoping to be in the same place after labor day and really redouble my efforts to lose. More exercise, stricter calorie counts.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
  • jshort152
    Options
    Need more information, current weight, have you been low carb? What does your diet consist of? info, info info, lol.
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Need more information, current weight, have you been low carb? What does your diet consist of? info, info info, lol.

This ^

Also, when do you gain weight when do you drop it? Time frames.

I can tell you that around November/December I put on weight due to Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners lol.
  • path2a6pack
    path2a6pack Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    you need weight lifting - lift heavy - do lots of push ups - drink a tea spoon of lemon before each meal - do 30 air squats before food and again 40 minutes after eating - get L-Carnitine and L-Arginine as supplements that will help you - once a month make a cup of SENNA tea and cleanse - eat more protein and less carbs - get zinc for recovery - and last but not least B12 and B6 Vitamins to kick it over drive - PAIN NATION
  • littlestarshines
    littlestarshines Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    im about 5'6
  • littlestarshines
    littlestarshines Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have weighed 170 for 3-4 weeks, I have been low carb in my oppinion, less then 100 a day, and mostly fruits and veggies, im a vegetarian. I eat tofu and eggs sometimes. I get at least 70g of protein a day and do 3-4 hour workouts 6 times a week, a mix of cardio and weights.
  • lehmann75
    Options
    Change up your workout. If you're not doing any strength training, add it. Building muscle revs up your metabolism.

There's also calorie cycling, which I've never tried myself but there's a lot of info about it from reputable sources if you go looking. The gist is that you alternate high and low calorie days and it's kind of like hitting a reset button.

Also, look at your sodium intake. If you're retaining water, it can look like a plateau when you've actually been burning fat.
  • mm9660
    mm9660 Posts: 10
    Options
    Change up your exercise routine. Change your work out days. Increase the intensity of your work out. These are some of the ways i have jump started my weight loss again after it has stalled:) I hope this helps. Hang in there! U can do this. U are doing this!
  • sjtorres09
    Options
    I joined MFP in June and have been diligent about keeping record of everything that I eat/ drink. When I started I was 185, however, I did not start using MFP until I had gotten to 172. I was losing at a good healthy rate then about a month ago.. I was stuck at 162. I kept my calories at 1200... I also use a fitbit to track activity. I was frustrated because for 3 weeks my weight did not go down, in fact it even went up a couple pounds one day.. down the next. I stuck with it.. and continued to see it as I am not doing this to lose weight, I am doing it to get healthy. And here I am now at 158... I was able to lose 4 pounds in the last week and a half. There were many times I jsut wanted to say forget it.. why bother, but I have finally come to a point after years of up and down, up and down, to say.. the reason I bother is that I am tired of being fat. Tired of not wanting to go out with friends because I think people are looking at the fat girl girl in the group.. I still have 20 pounds to go.. but I will stick with it. Because I am worth it. And you are worth it too. Give yourself the credit you deserve and take care of you.. your body. In the end you be glad you did.
    Sorry that turned into more of a soap box rant than advice... but I guess what I wanted you to hear was. You are worth the hard work. And if you are here it is because you want to get healthy.. so be strong and do it for YOU.
  • shellyk972
    shellyk972 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'd say change up your exercise and diet.. I plateaued for 2 months.. I was doing body pump, zumba and spinning and eating 1200-1500 calories.. I switched it up.. eating between 1500-1800 calories, and changed my workouts to weight training and spinning and started loosing weight again.
  • masirahmo
    masirahmo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP in June and have been diligent about keeping record of everything that I eat/ drink. When I started I was 185, however, I did not start using MFP until I had gotten to 172. I was losing at a good healthy rate then about a month ago.. I was stuck at 162. I kept my calories at 1200... I also use a fitbit to track activity. I was frustrated because for 3 weeks my weight did not go down, in fact it even went up a couple pounds one day.. down the next. I stuck with it.. and continued to see it as I am not doing this to lose weight, I am doing it to get healthy. And here I am now at 158... I was able to lose 4 pounds in the last week and a half. There were many times I jsut wanted to say forget it.. why bother, but I have finally come to a point after years of up and down, up and down, to say.. the reason I bother is that I am tired of being fat. Tired of not wanting to go out with friends because I think people are looking at the fat girl girl in the group.. I still have 20 pounds to go.. but I will stick with it. Because I am worth it. And you are worth it too. Give yourself the credit you deserve and take care of you.. your body. In the end you be glad you did.
    Sorry that turned into more of a soap box rant than advice... but I guess what I wanted you to hear was. You are worth the hard work. And if you are here it is because you want to get healthy.. so be strong and do it for YOU.

This could be me - only I have a lot more to lose. I started at 220, and it's taken me 8 weeks to lose 10lbs. 3 weeks with MFP - 2 with FitBit. Loss is either very, very slow or non existent; but like you I am sticking with it for exactly the same reasons. I'm hoping that one of these days the same thing will happen to me and it will suddenly start coming off. Can I ask what kind of diet you're following?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    you need weight lifting - lift heavy - do lots of push ups - drink a tea spoon of lemon before each meal - do 30 air squats before food and again 40 minutes after eating - get L-Carnitine and L-Arginine as supplements that will help you - once a month make a cup of SENNA tea and cleanse - eat more protein and less carbs - get zinc for recovery - and last but not least B12 and B6 Vitamins to kick it over drive - PAIN NATION
    4 Hour Body?

and, if it were me I'd avoid the stimulant laxatives.
  • dixieangeln
    dixieangeln Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Great tips offered! I have been plateaued for a few weeks, its driving me crazy!
  • browneyedgirl7928
    browneyedgirl7928 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I've been plateauing for a few weeks too. I hate plateaus, but they happen. I was positive I would have a weight gain this week (the fair is in town) and I lost a pound. I was fully prepared for a weight gain.

I have decided to add more weight lifting to my routine and see if this helps. I hope it does because like everyone I hate plateaus!! Halloween is coming and I need to lose some more weight!!
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Honestly three weeks does not make a plateau. It's frustrating as hell, but not a plateau. (I reached 102kg in early April and was all 'under 100kg by May' I went under in July and then immeaditly put 2kg back on the following week. Hit 100kg exactly again last night and hope it's broken now)

As others said change up your exercise. Is your diary open?
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    go low carb!! yayyyyyyyyyyy wahoooooo yyyyeeeeeeeaaaaaaa buddddddddddyyyyyyyyy
    ( sorry im a little high on life tonight)
  • sjtorres09
    Options
    I am not sure if the diet I follow is really a diet per se, rather I have stopped eating certain foods. I no longer eat, processed foods, fast food, most anything that comesi na package, although lately I have been eating the KAshi frozen meals. I stay away from regular pasta, white potatoes, sugar, dairy, very limited red meat. A normal day for me is
    Breakfast:
    Coffee
    Shake ( 1/2 c blueberries, 20 grapes, 1 TBL flax seed, 1 scoop protien powder, 1 scoop standard process dairy free shake powder, 1/2 cups almond/ coconut milk and ice.
    Lunch- spring mix, chopped Kales, strawberries, slivered almonds, balsamic vinegar or honey mustard yogurt dressing. Sometimes I add chicken.
    Dinner- sweet potato, chicken, kale/ mixed green salad.
    snacks- veggies or fruit, greek yogurt or a breakfast shake

I eat 1200 calories a day.. but I do not eat back my exercise calories. Sometimes I go over the 1200 by a couple hundred, but I do not let that bother me. If I am hungry, I eat..

I also eat whole grains, quinoa, lentils, black grain rice.

I take suppliments too... but the most important one is a high quality fish oil 3 times a day.
    I feel great. I used to have sore joints, dark circles under my eyes, trouble sleeping and just feeling foggy all the time. Since beginning this anti inflammatory diet not only has my weight changed, but more importantly my health has improved dramatically. I used to have borderline high blood pressure, blood sugar spikes and drops, dark circles, dry skin... I look younger and feel younger too.
    After my first 10 pound loss I completed a 21 day Purification program. I lost 8 pounds those 3 weeks. So to date I am at 27 pounds. If you want to know about the purification program.. you can get info here.
    http://www.standardprocess.com/Standard-Process/Purification-Program