Starting Again

Options
Hello, I'm tskitzoid. I'm starting here again a third time. Yes a third. My first attempt was overshadowed by the loss of my very first pet, a cat named Kiwi. My second attempt was overshadowed by a family member being in a car accident and I had to fly back to my old state to help out. This time I am determined to not let anything overshadow my getting into shape, and losing the weight I don't want.

I'm 24 years old, 5'5", and 146 lbs. I grew up a stick, barely able to gain weight. In high-school the most I weighed was 110lbs. Then after high-school I let a boyfriend drive me into being lazy and eating whatever, whenever. I am now happily married to an amazing man that I have known for 11 years now. He is very supportive of my losing weight, and getting into shape. He is also trying to slim down and get back into shape.

First I was just trying not to eat much, and go to the gym. Then I decided I really need to get back on here and watch the calories, moreso than just how much I am eating. Then I started watching The Biggest Loser on Netflix and it is really inspiring to watch these people push themselves toward their goal of getting healthy and losing all the pounds they don't want. Yesterday I started Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. Day One was hard and showed me how even with all the gym workouts I had been doing I was still low on stamina and got out of breath quite easily. Although, my muscles don't ache as much as I thought from reading others posts of doing the 30DS I am a little sore.

Basically I am excited to be back, gonna try my best to work my *kitten* off and get thinner!

Replies

• Tanya5791
    Options
    Hello, welcome to MFP! I’m a 36 year old Mom of two from Texas. Together with mutual encouragement and support we will be able to conquer our journey. I have found this site to be fun and supportive. It does not matter that this is the third time back what matters is YOUR BACK! Sounds like you have a great support from your husband and will receive even more support from here.

Set your mind for success, victory and progress. Cast down anything negative, any thought that brings fear, worry, doubt or unbelief. - Joel Osteen

Frinds request sent!
  • xiola511
    xiola511 Posts: 22
    Options
    Add me:)
  • lisajk6
    lisajk6 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom to 4 and have lost 32 lbs already but have been in a rut most of the year..........It's time to start fresh and continue on the journey..........I just want to be healthy and tone up more..........
    I've started watching calories more and I am starting to work out again consistently and I think that is key........consistently and accountability!!!
  • FionaDFair
    FionaDFair Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Kudos for giving it another go! I'll be 28 in about a week and am a newlywed (almost 9 months!) with a supportive husband too. He's not so happy when I wake up an hour early to go for a bike ride, but he's still very supportive, and much happier once he wakes up and has some coffee. :)

My early 20's saw me weighing nearly 200 pounds, but I had lost about 20 and kept it off for several years. After a few attempts at a healthier diet and exercising, a friend from church recommended I check out MyFitnessPal. My husband and I have both benefited since I joined. Even though he's not a member, he's been working with me to improve our lifestyles as far as our nutrition and our exercise. He also loves to try new foods, so we've experimented together to find healthful and tasty recipes.

I've been using MFP since January and had ups and downs, but it seems to be getting easier to stay within my calorie goals. I've also been feeling more motivated to exercise. It's only the last week or so that I've been getting onto the message boards. The community has really blown me away with how positive and encouraging most people are. If you'd like another member in your community to help encourage you, feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • Selahsdaddy
    Options
    Good luck and glad you're back!
  • Vegansweetie19
    Options
    Yay you're back! I know the feeling of trying hard and then being defeated over and over. Sorry to hear about your losses, but you can do this! Add me :) I'm new!
  • tskitzoid
    Options
    Thanks everyone. ^__^ It feels really great to be back. Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement! And I wish you all lots of luck on your journeys as well! :)

Ignore my diary for the time being >3> I know I don't eat the healthiest, or the cleanest, but for now cheap and easy meals are all my husband and I can afford. Literally. Hoping to get a job soon and our income will go up and we can start buying fruits and vegetables and have more real-food meals. xD