Big girl doing Jumping Jacks....

Options
So, I'm a big girl especially in the chest area. I tried doing jumping jacks this weekend and found it slightly dangerous. I'm doing modified ones but am ready to move up to regular jumping jacks. Does anyone have advice on how to keep my 'girls' under control? Or maybe you can just commiserate. Thanks

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    You could try wearing two bras maybe?
  • kellyg891
    Options
    I so have this problem! Like to the point that regular Jumping jacks were painful. How were you modifing them? I've been doing some research on better quality sportsbra HOPING that will solve my problem!
  • SaharaZaraMorocco
    SaharaZaraMorocco Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I've found the answer lies in the sports bra. I bought an Enell, and have never had a problem since then. Really excellent bra, worth every penny (they are expensive) and I do not move at all, no matter what level of bouncing the rest of me is doing. http://enell.com/

Edit to add: I'm a 46 F.
  • AshleyBananas
    Options
    I so have this problem! Like to the point that regular Jumping jacks were painful. How were you modifing them? I've been doing some research on better quality sportsbra HOPING that will solve my problem!

Instead of jumping I move one leg out to the side and the switch and do the other, keeping both arms going like you would for regular jumping jacks. I saw it on a biggest loser work out dvd i bought, and when regular jumping jacks seemed like a wet t shirt contest i decided to try the modified version. I'm thinking a regular bra with a sports bra over it might work....so now to buy a sports bra. >.<<
  • AshleyBananas
    Options
    I've found the answer lies in the sports bra. I bought an Enell, and have never had a problem since then. Really excellent bra, worth every penny (they are expensive) and I do not move at all, no matter what level of bouncing the rest of me is doing. http://enell.com/

Where do they sell Enell bra's? I'm a lane bryant shopper so I get their brand, but for exercise it's not cutting it.
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I feel ya! I was doing jumping jacks in body attack today - I actually held my breasts and just did the legs lol! Thats cos my bras becoming too big in the back. Remember, doesnt matter how big your boobs are, the support is going to come from the chest band underneath NOT the straps. So the tighter the better. I was a 34GG but moving down to a 32H so I feel your pain! When I was a bit bigger my current sports bra provided excellent support - its just now the band size is a little bigger the support is lost somewhat. It will still do nicely for low impact/yoga etc.
    Choose one that comes up quite high at the front(mine is about 2" below collar bone) and with a broad thick band and broad cushioned straps.Mine is the Shock Absorber D+ Max sports bra. I am not sure they go up past a 40 band size. Buy it tight as it will give slightly with wear/washing.
    Happy exercise! xx
  • country_blood14
    country_blood14 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am big chested too! I also usually shop from lane bryant, what I have found works for me is a nice(as in newer, not stretched out) regular bra from lane bryant, and then I buy compression bras from old navy. this olds me in pretty well. I am able to do actual jumping jacks. I am looking into a shock absorber, I cant wait to see if it actually works!
  • CupcakeHarpy
    CupcakeHarpy Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I wear a bra under a tight sports bra under a t-shirt. It just ends up making me look flat chested, but it does the trick :smile:
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to this. I resorted to wearing two sports bras at once (I'm a G-H cup). It does actually work. It's not that out of style, either. On her 30DS video, even Jiillian Michaels does it and she's got squat up there (relatively speaking). lol
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options

Where do they sell Enell bra's? I'm a lane bryant shopper so I get their brand, but for exercise it's not cutting it.

I also buy lane bryant and had the same issue.. not enough during work outs! I bought some $12 (on sale) Champion sports bras at Target and put one of those over and it has done the trick for me personally. Good luck!
  • SaharaZaraMorocco
    SaharaZaraMorocco Posts: 136 Member
    Options

I bought mine right on the Enell website, back when they offered purple as a color. kittyr77 is right - the support for bras is definitely from the band. I used to do the double sports bra thing, but it just wasn't enough support - I was still moving. I'm looking forward to when I lose enough weight to go back to using my Champion bra - another good brand, but, alas, it "shrank in the closet", as I like to say. :grumble: