Mission FATTEN my DAD UP Shake please

Options
fIuffy2fit
fIuffy2fit Posts: 19 Member
Im trying to fatten up my father. he is 5 10 and about 140 pounds. he is extremely skinny and have a very active lifestyle. he smokes and drink alcohol. but those calories from alcohol gives him a slight beer belly but besides that he has no fat on him.
so recently he has agreed to drink protein shakes i make him. i had some left over cake. so i blended up protein powder cake ice oats and he drank it.
he usually eats very little calories
so i need a recipe of a shake with alot of calories and i mean alot. (1000-1500) calories

Replies

• hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I am going the other way, so can not help. Sorry. Good luck on helping. Might be worth trying to get dad to log on MFP. Then he might see ways to help himself.
  • Squible
    Squible Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hmm I don't know of a shake that will havd 1000-1500 cals unless you blended up a big mac and fries

Peanut butter packs a good punch of calories so that and other high cal things ie like your cake?

Or like high cal ice cream ben and jerrys or haagen daas etc to boast that or do you want healthy high cal shakes?
  • UWZander
    UWZander Posts: 70
    Options
    I would recommend splinting those shakes up into two different meals as many people (imo) digest more protein when consumed in smaller quantities. I recommend finding a type of nut that he likes to snack on, for example 8 walnuts is over 200 calories. If you do want 1000-1500 cal shakes then I would recommend a mass gainer. As a general brand I recommend Optimum Nutrition mass gainer. But pretty much any mass gainer will have over 1,000 calories in water. Go to GNC's website and look at protein, mass gainers, and shop around for one that fits your budget and that rates well.
  • fIuffy2fit
    Options
    mass gainers have alot of chemicals and artificial flavors.
  • jshort152
    Options
    worlds toughest shake..

-6 raw egg whites
    -5 oz. tuna
    -1/2 cup wheat germ
    -1 tbsp hot sauce
    -2 cups water

346 calories, 62 g protein, 15 g carbs, 5 g fat, and 4 g fiber

You can also add in good source of fat such as 2% milk or some dextrose, hope this helps!!
  • kristineevans
    kristineevans Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Maybe make it with full fat milk and add nuts banana and chocolate, that's just for calories though the fat content would be pretty high too
  • Fatal1ty2k5
    Fatal1ty2k5 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    This is my shake minus the PB

2cups Borden's - Plus Hi-Protein 2% Reduced Fat Milk
    1 scoop protein powder (Gold Standard Chocolate Whey Protein)
    2 tbsp Skippy - Natural Creamy Peanut Butter Spread

680 Calories
    50 Carbs
    27 Fat
    59 Protein

1 with breakfast/for breakfast 1 later on during the day.

I use this http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-CPB-300-SmartPower-15-Piece-Portable/dp/B003YLEXBO/ref=sr_1_4?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1344439718&sr=1-4&keywords=single+servings+smoothie+maker

To make my shakes since I cant stand clumpy protein powder. Makes it really frothy and tastes like a milk shake. I don't put peanut butter in mine just added that in for the extra calories.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Im trying to fatten up my father. he is 5 10 and about 140 pounds. he is extremely skinny and have a very active lifestyle. he smokes and drink alcohol. but those calories from alcohol gives him a slight beer belly but besides that he has no fat on him.
    so recently he has agreed to drink protein shakes i make him. i had some left over cake. so i blended up protein powder cake ice oats and he drank it.
    he usually eats very little calories
    so i need a recipe of a shake with alot of calories and i mean alot. (1000-1500) calories

4 cups whole milk
    4tbl of PB
    1 pint of Ben and Jerry's
    1 scoop of protein powder
  • WayneAWright
    Options
  • kristineevans
    kristineevans Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    4 cups whole milk
    4tbl of PB
    1 pint of Ben and Jerry's
    1 scoop of protein powder
    [/quote]

Yum sounds awesome !
  • GrammaBonnie
    GrammaBonnie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'd be careful about adding too much sugar ... you don't want to turn him into a diabetic!

My elderly Dad lives with my sister, who happens to be a nurse practitioner. He's been loosing weight. Turns out his upper dentures are floating, and (what are left of) his lower teeth are very infected. So, dental extraction and implants are in his near future. Thus, we have established the cause: He can't eat comfortably, so he's eating like a bird.

She has put him on a supplement. I think it may be Carnation instant Breakfast. When Mom was dying with leukemia, we gave her either Boost or Ensure. She didn't like the taste, so we added a SMALL amount of ice-cream. Not enough to have a large impact on her blood sugar, but enough to make the drink taste good.

Good luck on your mission!
  • favrow812
    Options
    worlds toughest shake..

-6 raw egg whites
    -5 oz. tuna
    -1/2 cup wheat germ
    -1 tbsp hot sauce
    -2 cups water

346 calories, 62 g protein, 15 g carbs, 5 g fat, and 4 g fiber

You can also add in good source of fat such as 2% milk or some dextrose, hope this helps!!

BARF!!!!
  • fIuffy2fit
    Options
    ^^^ not ganna try that lol
    but i will use ice cream and full fat milk.
    thank you for the ideas
  • UWZander
    UWZander Posts: 70
    Options
    mass gainers have alot of chemicals and artificial flavors.

...okay. So does the protein powder they are already taking.
  • skinnyfithealthyme
    Options
    Make a shake with coconut milk. One can has about 720 calories.

Add a high quality protein powder, a banana, some almond butter, some flaxseed
    Top it off with some nuts. I'm sure you could find a lot of things to add too

That just made me hungry!
  • stylishgirl
    stylishgirl Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    macademia and walnuts have high calories, so i'd use those
    full fat milk with omega 3 added or milk and a small amount of ice cream or milk and greek yogurt
    banana
    dates
    cocoa powder
    flaxseed
    protein powder
    cinnamon