New to MFP, 9 days in

Options
I always felt huge compared to my friends in high school, never mind that I was a 4-sport athlete and would love to be that size again! Anyway, there's a lot of factors and a lot of excuses for why I am like I am, and if I'm honest, none of them are good ones. I've tried a lot of other methods before but wasn't able to stick with them. I would get so confused trying to figure out what to eat, who to listen to, etc. I found MFP and decided to give it a shot. I am focusing only on caloric intake right now. I am monitoring other areas of nutrition to watch for patterns/needs, but not making that my focus. So far it is working and I am more positive about my journey than ever before. Exercise is difficult (due to size and asthma) and I don't like repetitive routines. My answer right now is XBox Kinect. The old competitiveness in me comes out and Kinect requires full body participation. Where I could never walk an hour, I have played games for an hour, sweating and so focused on the scores that I didn't notice how fast the time went. Don't know how to figure calorie burn on it yet, so I don't enter it and figure it's just a bonus.

Love reading all the posts, encouragement and success stories and can't wait to be one of them!

Replies

• xiola511
    xiola511 Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi -

Welcome! Exercise is difficult for me as well due to size. We have a wii & I love it so I can totally relate to your form of exercise. I believe that ANY body movement helps to burn calories and increase strength. Sounds like your doing a great job - feel free to add me:)