started...again after several months!

Options
hi!
i joined last year, did well for a while and then totally gave up. i'm starting again because i don't fit in any of my clothes :o(
i used to have such willpower saying no to "bad" food, somehow i can't anymore.

anyone have any tips on staying away from the foods we hate to love?

how do you motivate yourself to do cardio? i have no problems doing strength training, but the cardio is something to be desired...!

hope to meet some cool people and help each other stay focused :)

Replies

• kaleohone
    Options
    Hi,
    I take it day by day. I too joined last year and lost 20 pounds. Slowly as I started looking and feeling better and with that came getting lazy. I took for granted how great I looked and felt. Now, I'm back again to try and undue the damage that I did. I gained back 7 of my pounds. UGH!
    For me it helps to plan out my meals and calories count the night before. That way I already know what I can and cannot have for the day. As for the cardio, I just do what I can...20 min on the elliptical or 30 minutes of walking. Even a little is something.
    You can do it...slowly but surely.
  • amyjoh
    amyjoh Posts: 92
    Options
    I too am starting again! I lost some weight but need to pick it up a little or I will go backwards! As for the foods you love to hate???, One thing that is helping me is having a little. Like for me, lattes are a love and not instead of my 20oz latte, I have a 12oz. latte. I still have a little and actually it makes me feel very incontrol!

As for excercise, I will get back to you on that since I am not exercising yet!:blushing:
  • soon2Btoned
    Options
    lol! you are all very encouraging! thanks for the tips :)

i'm in Vancouver, where are you located?
  • kaleohone
    Options
    Hawaii...
  • amyjoh
    amyjoh Posts: 92
    Options
    I am in Central Oregon. Very pretty, but now everyone knows it!