becoming discuraged

Options
I have been on the MyFitnessPal for 10 days now and i've been working out 6/week for one month, the scale only says i've lost 2 pounds. I want to see results and since i'm not i'm starting to feel like I should just give it up!

Anyone else out there feeling the same? I need some motivation to keep going.

27019798.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• krambow
    krambow Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    2lbs is really good for 10 days
  • IokiOcto
    IokiOcto Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    It's not all about working out. It's about what you put in to your body as well. Drink plenty of water. Changes take time!
  • jordanreddick
    jordanreddick Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You can work out all day long, but if you are not putting the right foods in your mouth you are negating everything you are doing in the gym. It is a lifestyle change, and it is a marathon, not a sprint. What are you eating? How much are you eating? Are you burning calories doing cardio or lifting weights or both? There are a lot of questions to ask yourself. Put the whole formula together and you will see results. Good Luck!
  • DLKRay
    DLKRay Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Also - muscle weighs more than fat so... if you have been working out hard you may have actually lost fat but built muscle.
    Taking measurements will help you know whats going on...
    The fat actually takes up more room than nice lean muscle. :)
  • AshleyBananas
    Options
    Try not to beat yourself up. A good friend of mine lost 34 lbs in the last year, and wow does she look different! But do the math, 34/12 is about 3 lbs a month. How would you feel about losing 34 lbs in one year? It would be very significant. But you have to keep it up for the whole year to get there, dont get discouraged, get determined! Good luck!
  • lauras777
    lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Do not give up!!

I could be so many different things that are slowing your progress, or maybe you just don't have that much to lose in the first place? Sodium can make you retain water, lots of other things can affect your weight....just keep going, if you are working out 6 days a week it's got to be having a positive effect on you! Try taking measurements instead of relying on the scale.

Keep up the good work!! :flowerforyou:
  • janermalta
    janermalta Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    oh dont give up!!! you will be mad at yourself in a couple of days when you know you have to start again.!! Keep going!!:smile:
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    would you rather it say that you've gained 2 lbs? I'm lost.
  • Lorily96
    Lorily96 Posts: 12
    Options
    All of that AND just give yourself time and try not to beat yourself up.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    If you want to give up after 10 days of standard results, then you should. I dont think you really want to stick with this for decades. Good luck on whatever else you choose to dedicate yourself to, cause it doesnt seem like you are looking for any reasons or signs to succeed.

Happy hunting!
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    If you want to give up after 10 days of standard results, then you should. I dont think you really want to stick with this for decades. Good luck on whatever else you choose to dedicate yourself to, cause it doesnt seem like you are looking for any reasons or signs to succeed.

Happy hunting!
    This \m/
  • monette13
    monette13 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. Discouragment is an easy emotion to have in any event in you life. If you truly want to better yourself physically you need to think of this as a life style change. You will get negative and positive feedback on MFP but you need to take their opinion just as it is, their opinion.
    Work out, eat right, and stay motivated. If you fall off the horse... just get back on, take the ride and kick it's butt!!!!

Monette
  • kathyszoo
    kathyszoo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. Discouragment is an easy emotion to have in any event in you life. If you truly want to better yourself physically you need to think of this as a life style change. You will get negative and positive feedback on MFP but you need to take their opinion just as it is, their opinion.
    Work out, eat right, and stay motivated. If you fall off the horse... just get back on, take the ride and kick it's butt!!!!

Monette

Totally agree with this! Don't let the negativity get you down but you have to want this for YOU! Only advice I'll offer is-start with small changes, for example, drink more water. You'll feel it better and it may make you more motivated to make other lifestyle changes.